Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:24 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

» Scourge of war Waterloo remastered on Steam
by Martin Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:41 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30495 messages in 2294 subjects

I forgot my password

17th November ECW Campaign kriegsspiel

+2
Khryses
Martin
6 posters

Go down

17th November ECW Campaign kriegsspiel Empty 17th November ECW Campaign kriegsspiel

Post  Martin Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:10 am

The November game is on Sunday 17th, starting at the usual time of 11 am, at the Little Gaddesden Village Hall.

17th November ECW Campaign kriegsspiel Naseby11

It will be set during the ECW, probably in late 1643 or early 1644.

The last time we ran this, we focused on small forces engaged in relatively minor operations in the Midlands - the petit guerre as it might have been described in the 17th C.  This version however will be set in the S of England and will involve some of the main armies, including those of the King and Prince Maurice, together with their Parliamentarian opponents, such as the Earl of Essex and Sir William Waller.

Players will represent army commanders, of greater or lesser seniority.  If lots sign up, there may also be a position for a player representing the Parliamentary 'Committee of Both Kingdoms (CBK)' set up during the war in association with representatives from the Scots, to oversee the conduct of the war and foreign policy.

Turns will normally be approximately weekly, so armies can cover quite a bit of ground. When there is a battle, the campaign game will temporarily stop, and it will be fought out using a 30-minute battle module.

NB so folks aren't sitting on their hands, all players will be involved in fighting the battle, wherever they are on the campaign map. The players commanding the armies concerned will be in charge, but other players on the same side will act as subordinate generals. Given that turns are weekly, we work on the assumption that news of the battle result would spread pretty quickly to wherever they are on the map.

Please register your interest on the doodle link below. I have one umpire 'volunteer' umpire already, but will be looking for some others too, so please say if you're happy to help on that front.

http://www.doodle.com/b36y7uacrrsv86iw#table

Martin (J)

Last edited by Martin on Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:56 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Made Sticky)

Martin

Back to top Go down

17th November ECW Campaign kriegsspiel Empty 17th November ECW Campaign kriegsspiel

Post  Martin Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:55 pm

A reminder that the November game is on Sunday 17th, starting at the usual time of 11 am, at the Little Gaddesden Village Hall.

Background

It is the beginning of May 1644.  In the south, the Earl of Essex, in command of the main Parliamentary army, has just taken Reading.  Another powerful Parliamentary army under Sir William Waller has been recruiting at St Albans, to the N of London.  Smaller regional forces are under General Massey at Gloucester, and the Earl of Denbigh in the Midlands.  The Earl of Manchester is raising a new army for Parliament from the counties of the Eastern Association.

The King is with the main Royalist army in a loyal enclave around Oxford.  A second Royalist army is in the SW under his nephew, Prince Maurice, besieging the port of Lyme Regis.  Smaller regional Royalist forces are in S Wales under General Gerard, and in the Midlands under Lord Loughborough.

17th November ECW Campaign kriegsspiel Forum_10

Please register your interest on the doodle link below, together with any preferences as to Royalist, Parliamentarian, Umpire.

http://www.doodle.com/b36y7uacrrsv86iw#table

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

17th November ECW Campaign kriegsspiel Empty Re: 17th November ECW Campaign kriegsspiel

Post  Khryses Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:17 pm

In the aftermath of today, Sam has signed on - and is strongly considering a membership!
Khryses
Khryses

Back to top Go down

17th November ECW Campaign kriegsspiel Empty Re: 17th November ECW Campaign kriegsspiel

Post  Martin Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:40 pm

Bravo Sam!

I understand that the club AGM will be held following the ECW game, so the Aussie mass voting block could even seize the reins of power from the brutal and repressive current regime our fine elected officials.

Rufus T. Firefly, Political Correspondent

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:07 pm

Unfortunately I am going to have to postpone this game due to a family illness.   Nothing life-threatening, but it may take several weeks to get it sorted.  In the meantime I am trying to clear the decks.

The game is pretty much ready to go, so I will certainly run it in 2014.  Apologies to all in the interim.

It was the intention to follow the game with our club AGM.  Have had an initial chat with our esteemed president (Steve), who is hoping to post later today.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  gunboat diplomat Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:51 pm

Hi Martin

Sorry to hear this, clearly family comes first.

Two things

1. Is anyone reading this willing to put on a game on the day at what is now shirt notice? I suggest we waitbtill the end of the week (friday) and if noone is willing to put one on we delay till the New Year.

2. If we postpone I suggest we AGM at the first game of the new year.

Comments?

Steve

gunboat diplomat

Back to top Go down

Post  MJ1 Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:55 am

FYI - I have nothing I want to run at short notice.

Everything else makes sense..

MJ1

Back to top Go down

Post  Khryses Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:47 am

Copying my thoughts from email here in case anyone else wants to comment...

Khryses wrote:Re: another game for the 17th, if Paul thinks he can get his 1861 game off the ground by then, then I'm all for that!

Alternately there are a couple of games we've played this year that I umpired for, and would enjoy getting a chance to play - Mali and Hue spring to mind, but any of them would be great. Sam commented how much fun she had doing the Zombie game and would enjoy a chance at doing that again. The advantage of these are that as they're already prepped, they might be easier to get ready for the 17th.

My game that's closest to being ready is based on Cold War Espionage, and if Paul's game and a rematch of any of the others are off the table I could prepare it in time - but it's targetted at being a 3-hour-or-less game, so may not be optimal for a day's play.

Finally if all else fails there's always the Roman Britain game I wrote in case we didn't have enough numbers for Shiloh on the day.

I guess what I'm saying is, I'd prefer not to run a second game back to back and would love to see what Paul has in mind; or, failing that, would very much enjoy trying my hand at one of the games I had the pleasure of umpiring earlier in the year.

But failing both these, I'd prefer to run something than let the opportunity to game at LG slip by - even though it's great to know Paulette is so good about cancellations!
Now, Mark has indicated he doesn't have anything he wants to run at short notice; how do Steve and Paul feel about their respective gems?
Khryses
Khryses

Back to top Go down

17th November ECW Campaign kriegsspiel Empty November game update

Post  gunboat diplomat Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:18 am

Hi all

Looks like Paul is seeing if he can help out. We will know by Monday hopefully so please do not book anything else or offer to do the garden till we know!!

Cheers

Steve

gunboat diplomat

Back to top Go down

17th November ECW Campaign kriegsspiel Empty Sun 17th Nov 11am - 1860s Detachments game at Little Gaddesden Village Hall

Post  King_Rufus Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:37 pm

I have an 1860s detachment game ready for this Sunday 17th, which really requires a minimum of six people present to run. I understand the following are available:

Mark, Steve, Justin, David C, Myself, + possibly Sam, making 5, possibly 6

Graham, Niall, Martin J and Vince have sent apologies.

I have not heard from Mr Digby, Richard, John or (I think) Ollie.

Could Mr Digby in particular confirm urgently whether he is attending, please? Or anyone else attending who I am not aware of?

Incidentally, just received my first order of blocks from Tom at Photon Cutter Studios in Wisconsin. They look very nice - will review them here fully some time soon, and put a photo or two up.

Thanks.
King_Rufus
King_Rufus

http://www.kriegsspiel.homestead.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:56 pm

Apologies, can't make this Sunday.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down