Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:24 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

» Scourge of war Waterloo remastered on Steam
by Martin Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:41 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30495 messages in 2294 subjects

I forgot my password

Set Up for SOWGB NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style

+13
SJDIII
MJP
midgetmanifesto
vonAugust
Iberalc
The Fox
Richard
ELement UK
Grog
Mr. Digby
Baldwin1
Ike
Uncle Billy
17 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Set Up for SOWGB NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 2 Empty Re: Set Up for SOWGB NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style

Post  Ike Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:03 pm

Thank you, Mr. Digby.

I purchased Chancellorsville today and installed it.
Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWGB NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 2 Empty Re: Set Up for SOWGB NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style

Post  Iberalc Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:16 pm

If you are hosting the battle these are the host option settings.

Preset difficulty levels: Custom
Map icons display level: Bare Map
Max camera distance from you: 2 (set in sowgb.ini file, see below)
Orders by courier at this command level and above: Brigade
Uniform quality: Best
Sprite ratio: 0
Show map objects: Best
Realism: unchecked

Now it's time to make a few manual changes to the sowgb.ini file. It will be found in the \Work folder. Open it and scroll down until you find the section titled [Custom]
Find and change the value found for MPplyrradius to MPplyrradius=2
You can also change the value of plyrradius to plyrradius=2 This way you can practice commanding in single player at this camera height.
Now find the section titled [Initialization]
Add the following line: aicount=55
It doesn't matter where you put it in that section. This will make the AI a bit more clever.
Now save the changes you just made. You are finished and ready to play.

If I'm not going to host the game, I understand there's no need for me to change all those things. confused
Iberalc
Iberalc

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:34 pm

Yes, it's a good idea to make these settings as some are designed to reduce load on your own PC which may reduce lag in MP battles and if you use these settings in your SP games you can use those as practice for MP battles, especially the sowgb.ini file and the section titled [Custom] where you edit the MPplyrradius=2 and plyrradius=2 options.

If you are unsure about making these changes on your own, come into TS 30 minutes early today and I'll be there to talk you through them.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:54 pm

The road to wargram mod link is iether bad or it blocks Costa Rican IP which is not unusual. Could some one please direct me to another link. I am looking for one at this time too.

Morsey

Had to re install SOW and lost some mod folder

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:09 pm

I'll upload it to my dropbox and email you the link.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:18 pm

THX

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWGB NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 2 Empty need help

Post  vonAugust Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:50 am

I follow the proccess like described above but when I try to launch I crash.
Log file report is :

13:27:15 Ansi:16, TexH:8192, TexW:8192
13:27:15 SowGB Loaded
13:27:15 13:27:15
13:28:45 Can't find unit class type AUS_INF_CDR_Brig
13:28:53 Can't find unit class type FR_INF_CDR_Brig
13:28:58 Can't find unit class type FR_INF_CDR_Army

Somebody can help ? Thanks
vonAugust
vonAugust

Back to top Go down

Post  Grog Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:46 am

Hi vonAugust
Is the KSNapmod lower down on the Modifications options screen, and is it activated (yellow box)? This should be the case.

Otherwise, perhaps you are playing an non-KS adapted oob?

I'm not at my pc right now but will try and help later if it's not these.

mike
Grog
Grog

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:07 pm

Hi von August.

Once you've installed the KS Nap mod and the original Road To Wagram and Peninsular Mod (by Gunship24) go to your modifications screen and make sure they show in the list. Then make sure EVERY mod is disabled (no yellow box beside the name). Check your game runs okay in stock ACW mode.

Now go back into the modifications screen and move the Road To Wagram... mod ABOVE the KS Mod, then activate both (yellow boxes beside each). Now run the game again - with no other mods active - you should see the Napoleonic splash screens as the game starts.

Try a single player sandbox game on a stock map and select an OOB that has 'KS' in its title. We suggest you play games with ONLY the KS OOBs because these have all the KS enhancements that the OOBs that were released with Gunships original Napoleonic Mod don't. In fact you could go into the OOBs folder of the Road to Wagram mod and delete the files in there since you'll never be using them!

As to other mods, two I use with Nap games are the GCM terrain mod which makes the trees and crops look better and one of the realistic smoke mods from the NSD forum; as these are just graphic mods they don't affect the KS Nap mod. Especially make sure you don't have any toolbar mods enabled like GCM or Reb Buglers. These will crash the game with the KS Mod.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWGB NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 2 Empty Thanks a lot

Post  vonAugust Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:51 am

Merci à tous.
I set up now everything correctly !!!
vonAugust
vonAugust

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:37 pm

I edited my first post on the front page (5th post) to give links to our Mods at an alternative site, plus some guidelines, do's and don'ts, etc. I'm happy to add more to these guidelines if people suggest.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  midgetmanifesto Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:12 am

I'm having trouble connecting to the multiplayer. I can't seem to create a login for the 'power lobby'.
Is this what is used for multiplayer? Or is it direct IP?

Is there a website to create a login or to get your password reset, sent to you etc?

Dave
midgetmanifesto
midgetmanifesto

Back to top Go down

Post  Iberalc Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:30 am

I think the first thing you need to do to play MP is to setup an static IP adress. It is explained here:

http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/mp-forum/13633-how-to-play-multiplayer-the-manual

Read the first explanation in full, and ask whatever you don't understand.
Iberalc
Iberalc

Back to top Go down

Post  midgetmanifesto Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:58 am

Apparently midget is not allowed in a user name in the power lobby. Changing login names allowed me to access it quite handily.
The port should be opened, and finding out my own ip should be trivial on day of.
midgetmanifesto
midgetmanifesto

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:21 pm

I'm not sure why the game says you need to know your IP. I don't!

When I first played MP I just typed in a user name, used the same for my lobby name and a password. Then I was in. I did have to tell Windows firewall to open a port for SoW and that was it.

You can do a test by playing MP on your own!

Select multi-player, go into the lobby, create a room (you get put in it automatically), go to the player select screen, click on 'select scenario' then just play a sandbox game - choose any map, any KS_NAP OOB and select any commander then click start game.

If you see a battle screen with one blue or red star on the top right of the screen then you are good for multi-player.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:47 pm

The KS Napoleon mod has been updated. The three mods are KS Sprites 1.00, KS SOW Supplemental Maps 1.05 and KS Napoleon Mod 1.714, (large or small maps). You no longer will need the Road To Wagram mod. The links are in the first post of this thread.

New maps have been added along with new sprites and new OOBs, (1806-7). The speed of infantry in line or column of divisions has been slowed along with the infantry run speed. There are also a number of smaller changes.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  MJP Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:45 am

any chance of .zip files and are these new mods required for the game on Friday?
MJP
MJP

http://www.firstlegionltd.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Iberalc Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:40 am

Donwloading now, Kevin thank you for the time and effort put into this. cheers

The 7z is free Matt, you can get it here...http://www.7-zip.org/
Iberalc
Iberalc

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:54 am

It compresses more efficiently as well making it better for both uploader and downloader. Zip files are starting to be a thing of the past like VHS video tapes Wink
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWGB NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 2 Empty AI

Post  SJDIII Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:33 am

I have seen a Calvary regiment (under Ai control ) under melee attack from infantry (not in square formation) just stand there and do nothing, until it takes so many casualties it routes. Why is that ?

I should note that I have seen this with a MP game and playing single player.

There is a rule that Calvary regiments are supposed to be left under Ai control, but I don't think the rule is fair if Calvary is going to stand around while it is under attack.

I am also concerned that using "Drop Box" for files is unwise due to the known NSA (National Security Agency) spying.
SJDIII
SJDIII

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:20 pm

Was the cavalry in a wood?

I don't care about the NSA, if they want to look at what I have on Dropbox they can go right ahead. I'm sure they won't give a monkey's about people downloading game mods! I'll always use Dropbox - I refuse to modify my internet activity due to Big Brother because then Big Brother has won.

I don't fully agree with the AI cavalry control thing. I have always preferred players full freedom of how they use their troops. I find the issues that arise from the AI control or 'no flags' feature are more obstructive than letting players decide how to control cavalry and get infantry into square. It's an even playing field - an infantry commander can sit with his men and put them in square if threatened.

In the campaign scenarios there won't be any limitations on cavalry command and control. The only time I might enforce a rule is to ensure both sides have the same number of cavalry commanders.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:34 pm

If Big Brother wants you affraid  he is going to get you whether you use dropbox or not.  Fabrication is a lot easier than hunting for it.

Back to top Go down

Post  SJDIII Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:44 pm

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
George Santayana, 1905

Cavalry was in the open.

I would hope that through the identifications of game problems with the Ai, that they can be addressed and remedied . Have we forgotten the enemy troops just walking through a line problem.
SJDIII
SJDIII

Back to top Go down

Post  midgetmanifesto Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:15 pm

Maybe there should be a thread created to track instances of the 'no fight' bug. It sounds as thought it keeps popping up.
Certainly cavalry and infantry have been affected by it. Spanish (and maybe Austrian?) sprites. Lower levels of skill I think.
Single player and multiplayer affected. AI and direct control.

What were the particulars of your butchered cavalry?
midgetmanifesto
midgetmanifesto

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:13 pm

Cavalry have often been problematical because SoW simply wasn't designed to cope with it, even ACW cavalry is a crude kludge. Expecting mounted charges and the like in European style - its frankly incredible we've got the game to do this much.

The odd squadron that stands and does nothing is a minor issue and in fact is realistic in some of the craziness that was the wars of 1789 to 1815.

In our MP games all cavalry is player controlled to a degree. If weird things happen just order them out of there. It might need you to personally ride over there and shout at the colonel but this was common in this period, orders being lost or delayed and some actions requiring the Boss Himself to go and get things done personally.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next