Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» SOW Scenario Generator
by glennthom Yesterday at 4:26 am

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

» Scourge of war Waterloo remastered on Steam
by Martin Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:41 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30496 messages in 2294 subjects

I forgot my password

Set Up for SOWGB NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style

+13
SJDIII
MJP
midgetmanifesto
vonAugust
Iberalc
The Fox
Richard
ELement UK
Grog
Mr. Digby
Baldwin1
Ike
Uncle Billy
17 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Set Up for SOWGB NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 2 Empty Re: Set Up for SOWGB NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style

Post  Mr. Digby Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:31 pm

That sucks. Sorry to hear you're having problems with it.

Did you configure it to with the "open with this application" option?

I know for a fact it does so maybe there's a problem in your install, you could try uninstalling and redownloading it.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWGB NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 2 Empty Re: Set Up for SOWGB NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style

Post  Grog Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:45 am

I use winrar on my laptop and win7 for my PC.

Both programs open the Road to Wagram and KS Nap mods.

My winrar program is old and I have managed to use the trial version for several years. It asks me to purchase it but it carries on working for the simple unzipping process anyway.

I expect you are using it correctly but just in case not, try this:

Create a new folder on your desk top (right click the desktop, new, folder)
Right click on the zipped file
Left click Extract Files....
Highlight the New folder file with single left click
Activate the OK button

The unzipped file/folder should be in the new folder.

Mike
Grog
Grog

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:41 pm

Uncle Billy wrote:In order to play a Napoleonic version of Scourge of War, Kriegspiel style, You will need the latest versions of both the game, Road To Wagram & Peninsula Mod, KS Napoleon Mod and GCM Random Maps 6.

The latest game patch can be downloaded here: SOWGB 1.61 Final Patch

Road To Wagram & Peninsula Mod: Road To Wagram & Peninsula Mod

The "Road To Wagram & Peninsula Mod" link seems odd. I suggest this one (version "1.4", apparently).

Richard

Richard

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:07 pm

There have been several iterations od the Road To Wagram mod. The one listed in the first post is the right one to use. We only use some of the graphic items in it, nothing more.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:12 pm

Uncle Billy wrote:There have been several iterations od the Road To Wagram mod.  The one listed in the first post is the right one to use.  We only use some of the graphic items in it, nothing more.

Thanks but I can't get it to download/work correctly.

Richard

Back to top Go down

Post  The Fox Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:40 pm

Hi

Tried to download the SOWGB 1.61 today & it got deleted by windows essential because of a virus and the same as Richard the Road to Wagram.. is a strange link including ads for 'free space' etc. Have these links been verified or is it too many late nights for me!

Sean  Embarassed 
The Fox
The Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:07 pm

I just tried it and it seems to work. It first redirects to adfly. Just skip the ad. You are then taken to the download page for the mod.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:21 am

I've downloaded and installed and installed the mods and think I have them in the correct order. But, in the start up screen there is no "Napoleonic" on the screen and no Napoleonic battles appear. What did I do wrong??
Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Grog Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:14 am

Ike,

Have you remembered to activate the mods on the Modification screen. Each one needs clicking twice, in order to get the required small yellow square next to it. Then also remember to click the mod activation button at the bottom.

mike
Grog
Grog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:14 pm

Ah, of course. Thank, Grog! I have two excuses for that lapse of memory: senility and I've been away from SOW for nearly two years.  Laughing 
Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:45 pm

Remember you need the Road to Wagram mod as well.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:52 pm

I have the Couriers & Maps 1.61, Random Maps 6, Restrictive Movements 1.01, Road to Wagram 1809 1.6, and KS Nappy Mod Large 1.65; in that order.  Do I have them all, I hope?
Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:17 pm

"I have the Couriers & Maps 1.61" = this is for ACW
"Random Maps 6" = used in some of both our ACW and Nap games
"Restrictive Movements 1.01" = ditto
"Road to Wagram 1809 1.6" = main Nap mod, needed
"KS Nappy Mod Large 1.65" = our Nap mod, needed

"in that order" = The order changes depending on what game we are playing. If Nap, you want RoadtoWagram FIRST, KSNapMod SECOND then anything else the game requires after that (such as restricted movement maps, or map packs like Random6).

We recently had a campaign game on one of Garniers other map packs and since Kevin hasn't made minimaps for these, everyone had to use SmallCouriersAndMaps (it was ACW) and if it had been a Nap game, you'd need KSNapoleonModSmall.

Many of the new additions like the artillery mods and flag removal (from artillery pieces) kick in automatically when the host uses them, so unless you are hosting you don't need those. There is a big update for the NapMod imminent as well so we'll all be updating to that soonish.

Other than that as many map add-ons as you can find on the NSD forums.

I have:

Set Up for SOWGB NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 2 SoWModFolder

Note I rename my mod folders to make them easier to find.

I use RebBuglers BuglesAndFlags XIII toolbar simply because it works for me, but you MUST remove or rename the Maps folder in it.

GCM_Terrain_4 is a neat graphic changer than makes the trees and bushes and walls look better. It has no effect on any of our KS mods.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:24 pm

Thank you for the information, Mr. D.  Smile 

I have Gettysburg (of course), Pipe Creek and Antitiem. What other additions ought I buy from Matrix for playing?
Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:53 pm

The only other one is Chancellorsville. I might use the Salem's Church map if we do a siege situation but its not likely you'll need it. Everything that appears in my screen grab are free downloads.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:03 pm

Thank you, Mr. Digby.

I purchased Chancellorsville today and installed it.
Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Iberalc Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:16 pm

If you are hosting the battle these are the host option settings.

Preset difficulty levels: Custom
Map icons display level: Bare Map
Max camera distance from you: 2 (set in sowgb.ini file, see below)
Orders by courier at this command level and above: Brigade
Uniform quality: Best
Sprite ratio: 0
Show map objects: Best
Realism: unchecked

Now it's time to make a few manual changes to the sowgb.ini file. It will be found in the \Work folder. Open it and scroll down until you find the section titled [Custom]
Find and change the value found for MPplyrradius to MPplyrradius=2
You can also change the value of plyrradius to plyrradius=2 This way you can practice commanding in single player at this camera height.
Now find the section titled [Initialization]
Add the following line: aicount=55
It doesn't matter where you put it in that section. This will make the AI a bit more clever.
Now save the changes you just made. You are finished and ready to play.

If I'm not going to host the game, I understand there's no need for me to change all those things. confused
Iberalc
Iberalc

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:34 pm

Yes, it's a good idea to make these settings as some are designed to reduce load on your own PC which may reduce lag in MP battles and if you use these settings in your SP games you can use those as practice for MP battles, especially the sowgb.ini file and the section titled [Custom] where you edit the MPplyrradius=2 and plyrradius=2 options.

If you are unsure about making these changes on your own, come into TS 30 minutes early today and I'll be there to talk you through them.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:54 pm

The road to wargram mod link is iether bad or it blocks Costa Rican IP which is not unusual. Could some one please direct me to another link. I am looking for one at this time too.

Morsey

Had to re install SOW and lost some mod folder

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:09 pm

I'll upload it to my dropbox and email you the link.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:18 pm

THX

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWGB NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 2 Empty need help

Post  vonAugust Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:50 am

I follow the proccess like described above but when I try to launch I crash.
Log file report is :

13:27:15 Ansi:16, TexH:8192, TexW:8192
13:27:15 SowGB Loaded
13:27:15 13:27:15
13:28:45 Can't find unit class type AUS_INF_CDR_Brig
13:28:53 Can't find unit class type FR_INF_CDR_Brig
13:28:58 Can't find unit class type FR_INF_CDR_Army

Somebody can help ? Thanks
vonAugust
vonAugust

Back to top Go down

Post  Grog Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:46 am

Hi vonAugust
Is the KSNapmod lower down on the Modifications options screen, and is it activated (yellow box)? This should be the case.

Otherwise, perhaps you are playing an non-KS adapted oob?

I'm not at my pc right now but will try and help later if it's not these.

mike
Grog
Grog

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:07 pm

Hi von August.

Once you've installed the KS Nap mod and the original Road To Wagram and Peninsular Mod (by Gunship24) go to your modifications screen and make sure they show in the list. Then make sure EVERY mod is disabled (no yellow box beside the name). Check your game runs okay in stock ACW mode.

Now go back into the modifications screen and move the Road To Wagram... mod ABOVE the KS Mod, then activate both (yellow boxes beside each). Now run the game again - with no other mods active - you should see the Napoleonic splash screens as the game starts.

Try a single player sandbox game on a stock map and select an OOB that has 'KS' in its title. We suggest you play games with ONLY the KS OOBs because these have all the KS enhancements that the OOBs that were released with Gunships original Napoleonic Mod don't. In fact you could go into the OOBs folder of the Road to Wagram mod and delete the files in there since you'll never be using them!

As to other mods, two I use with Nap games are the GCM terrain mod which makes the trees and crops look better and one of the realistic smoke mods from the NSD forum; as these are just graphic mods they don't affect the KS Nap mod. Especially make sure you don't have any toolbar mods enabled like GCM or Reb Buglers. These will crash the game with the KS Mod.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWGB NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 2 Empty Thanks a lot

Post  vonAugust Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:51 am

Merci à tous.
I set up now everything correctly !!!
vonAugust
vonAugust

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next