Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:24 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

» Scourge of war Waterloo remastered on Steam
by Martin Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:41 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30495 messages in 2294 subjects

I forgot my password

Set Up for SOWGB NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style

+13
SJDIII
MJP
midgetmanifesto
vonAugust
Iberalc
The Fox
Richard
ELement UK
Grog
Mr. Digby
Baldwin1
Ike
Uncle Billy
17 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Set Up for SOWGB NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 5 Empty Re: Set Up for SOWGB NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style

Post  rschilla Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:44 pm

That's actually perfect as we are doing 1809 stuff right now.

The changes you suggested seem to work with one exception. When clicking on the OOB chart on the game toolbar the guns come up with the original text of 6 or 4 pdrs rather than whatever I had written in. I can't find any other file which controls that and had assumed that the OOB listing was derived from the main oob file in the scenario.csv.

rschilla

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWGB NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 5 Empty Re: Set Up for SOWGB NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style

Post  Mr. Digby Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:34 pm

The name you see on the toolbar is drawn from the OOBnames.xml file that the mod stores in Layout/Media/Language. If you begin changing unit or commander names from columns C and D of the OOB file these won't show unless you add them to the names.xml file as well, for which you should use unique IDs from columns A and B of the OOB file.

You should fully edit/create the master OOB you plan to use and insert unique unit IDs in columns A and B.

You can then use this tool to make a new oobnames.xml file.

The issue with SoW Waterloo is NSD chose to use a certain (really unhelpful) piece of interface software for language localisation purposes. This means that the unit names you see in the toolbar must be inserted into the game as a SEPARATE MOD because if you don't, it will overwrite the existing file and wreck all the existing OOBs.

So once you've used the XML Creator tool, make a new mod called "1809 OOB" or something like that and put only one folder in it, called "Layout". Then put one folder inside that called "Media" and finally one inside that called "Language". Copy to that language folder the file "LanguageEnglish.xml" from the corresponding folder of the KS Napoleon II Mod, then into the same location put your newly-created OOBnames.xml file.

Load your new mod AFTER all the KS Mods so it overwrites the xml file in that and you should be good to go.

AFAIK the xml file is one of those files the game does not add to existing versions, but overwrites it completely which is why you need a separate mod that contains all the unit and commander name entries you will need for your 1809 games.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  rschilla Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:28 pm

Wow. That seems a little over-engineered, doesn't it? Very Happy

I think I'll live with the incorrect description for now!

But curiosity will undoubtedly get me at some point and I am going to have to try that out!

Thanks so much. I really appreciate it.

rschilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5