Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:24 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

» Scourge of war Waterloo remastered on Steam
by Martin Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:41 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30495 messages in 2294 subjects

I forgot my password

Ye King of Spaine Inn - NPC OOC Discussion

+23
Mark87
JKnight
kg_sspoom
The Fox
Father General
MajorByrd
mitra
Martin
LEGIO_Suchet
Sharpe55
Hays
Grog
MJ1
Leffe7
kg little mac
WJPalmer
Hannibal
Ike
Baldwin1
Blackstreet
Uncle Billy
Mr. Digby
Khryses
27 posters

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Ye King of Spaine Inn - NPC OOC Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: Ye King of Spaine Inn - NPC OOC Discussion

Post  Martin Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:59 pm

Yes you may have a point there, von Grossentrappen

Yours aye

Burlington

Martin

Back to top Go down

Ye King of Spaine Inn - NPC OOC Discussion - Page 9 Empty To the fine and noble citizens of Spain, serving in Cuesta’s army, from His Majesty Josef King of Spain

Post  Hannibal Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:55 pm

To the fine and noble citizens of Spain, serving in Cuesta’s army,

Greetings to you, my beloved people.

We were informed only recently of the horrific loss of life and limb you have suffered fighting against the crown. Our royal entourage can testify that we wept to hear of our own people being ripped apart by civil strife. Rebellion against God’s anointed cannot be tolerated, but the death of any citizen, no matter how rebellious, always grieves a good, God-fearing sovereign.

We have sent five fine French surgeons, experts in the field of medicine, to your noble commander so that they may tend to the wounded for a month, and repair what rebellion has torn. See! We are the king, and yet we invent new ways to serve even the few who seek to hurt the throne. It is not our wish that Spain should bleed! We pray your commander will accept this gift, since he cares most of all for your well-being, as we do.

Likewise, we have offered your commander a ceasefire, for four weeks. This is a temporary measure, so that you may recover your strength and heal from your wounds, which ill-founded rebellion has wrought on you. We pray that your commander, who desires your well-being as much as we do, will at the least accept this measure, and discuss a longer truce or peace with us, once this truce is done. We entreat all of you, as God-fearing Spaniards of good repute, to entreat your commander to accept our peace-loving terms.

For we desire peace in Spain, and will welcome all steps by any man, no matter how rebellious his past, to reduce the bloodshed in this, God’s beloved land. Those who turn from ruining themselves with rebellion are welcomed with open arms, and those who do not are still cared for and prayed for.

May the blessings of God, of the Virgin Mother, and all the saints, who pray for peace, be it ever so short, be with you all, our beloved people.

His Majesty, Josef, King of Spain.
Hannibal
Hannibal

http://www.littlecaesars.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Ye King of Spaine Inn - NPC OOC Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: Ye King of Spaine Inn - NPC OOC Discussion

Post  Guest Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:24 am

Your Majesty King Josef,

It is with great excitement I read your decree. You have my full support and I await your orders.

May you and your family be in good health and may God give you the wisdom and strength to bring peace to our beloved Spain.

¡Viva España y que Dios bendiga a nuestro pueblo!

Your humble servant,
Conde de Belvedere

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:39 pm

To His Majesty King José I;
To the Army Commanders of Mother España;
To the citizens of España,

Greetings,

We wish to advise that recently a very well matured ham arrived from General Blake's personal larder as a gift to General Belvedere and he partook of this at a meal yesterday. He was consequently taken ill and became somewhat deranged, causing a number of army notices and public proclamations to be drafted before anyone in his close circle realised there was anything out of the ordinary going on. For example the good Conde has issued orders before that because of the fine summer weather the army should all march in the nude and use chickens strapped to their heads to ward off sunstroke. Yesterday's army circular acknowledged the recent chicken shortage and accepted rabbits, weasels or stoats as suitable substitutes.

The proclamation in support of His Majesty King Joseph we must advise is hereby wholly and unequivocally retracted as it was issued when the Conde was not in his right mind. We ask the brave Generals of Spain to be understanding during Conde de Belvedere's time of recovery.

Any donations of chickens or other small furry or fluffy creatures are gratefully received.

Doctor Pedro O'Toole
Senior Surgeon and Stoatmaster General
Staff of the Army of Extremadura
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:33 am

Clipping from El Faro Astorgano, mid-July, 1808, afternoon edition.

The inestimable General Pignatelli was seen dining last week with the beloved Generalissimo Blake in a small cafe off the main plaza. Reports from the festive gathering indicate that Pignatelli, the true hero of Valladolid, gave the Generalissimo a detailed accounting of his staunch defense of that city in the face of overwhelming French numbers. His fearless stand on the outskirts of the town gave the rest of Cuesta's badly pressed force time to make their escape north. It has been made known by other witnesses to the battle, that Pignatelli himself, even helped load the sizable corpus of General Cuesta into the olive cart that bore him to safety.

Rumors fly that the Generalissimo has offered Pignatelli military stewardship of Valladolid over a delightful postre and porto. Blake's columns, estimated to be in the neighborhood of 100,000 men have recently marched south sending the occupying snail-eaters fleeing back to Madrid. Our capital correspondents report the stench of fear to be rife in the French ranks. The Generalissimo has offered 6 pesetas for the head of that mincing fool, Murat, the head being of such size as to require only a modest reward. Although it is reported that Murat puts on a brave face, why then, is he seen in the shops along the Calle Lagasca being fitted for women's garments? Perhaps he is planning to attempt an unnoticed exit north across the Pyrenees in the very near future?
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:13 pm

Further French Victories!

Over the past 2 days, the brave French soldiers on the Madrid front have roundly trounced the so-called ‘armies’ of both Belvedere and Castanos.

King Joseph’s Royal Guard and elements of Marechel de Moncey’s Corps thrashed Belvedere with heavy loss at Navalcamero, SW of Madrid on the 23rd August.  Other forces under Prince Murat did the same to Castanos’ vaunted Army of Andalucia on the following day at Sesena, a few leagues S of the capital.  The rebels here fled back S of the Tagus on the day of battle, abandoning wounded, stragglers and much of their baggage and equipment in their haste to get away.

I have it on good authority that officers & men of all ranks demonstrated great heroism in both battles.  Why Murat himself, had to be physically restrained by his staff from advancing far ahead of the army, early in the battle of Sesena.  This was wise of them.  His loss could not only have demoralised the army, but would also have caused a crash in the share prices of Parisian haute couturiers.

These latest successes open up an exciting vista for the French and their loyal Spanish compatriots.  The permanent re-conquest of Old Castile beckons, together with the pursuit and destruction of Belvedere, which would open the way to Portugal.  Or perhaps instead the suppression of revolt in Andalucia and the disruption of the impertinent Junta?  A thrust to Valencia, a hotbed of malcontents, also has its attractions.  

I have no time for more at the moment, as I hear they are selling Viva Murat T-shirts on the Camino Rumpole........

Burlington H Grumble

Showbiz Editor, Burgos Herald

Martin

Back to top Go down

Ye King of Spaine Inn - NPC OOC Discussion - Page 9 Empty Proclamation Posted in Toledo

Post  WJPalmer Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:38 pm

Citizens of Toledo! My recent presence here is proof that the Spanish Monarchy has not forgotten you! Be of courageous heart. Your sufferings at the hands of the Godless invaders are not in vain, and the day will come soon when you will be liberated forever to breathe free Spanish air!

In the meantime, you must take advantage of the sudden absence of your impertinent house-guests to settle personal accounts. Look! Though their departure from your streets was quick and made rudely without so much as a fond adieu, they were thoughtful enough to leave a table set for you with the finest delicacies from France. Help yourselves!

I am now on a journey to keep a prior appointment with Messieurs Murat and Joseph. Unfortunately for them, these same two now occupy what has become the largest, self-supporting prison in Spain! Their fear to tread beyond the confines of their tiny enclave at Madrid has reduced them to announcing victories where there is no fighting! This they must do, of course, to keep up some appearance for the people of France and baby Brother Bonaparte, who tire of the exercise.

Be of good cheer, my Toledo brothers and sisters. I am off again to properly attend to the Inmates.

Until we meet again…
¡Viva España y la Monarquía!
Don Francisco Javier Castaños Aragorri Urioste y Olavide, Conde de Castaños y Aragones
WJPalmer
WJPalmer

http://rwberg53.wix.com/adventure-images

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark87 Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:49 am

Address to the Legislative Body of the French Empire, before Leaving Paris for the Spain

"I have travelled this year more than three thousand miles in the interior of my empire. The spectacle of this great French family—recently distracted by intestine divisions, now united and happy—has profoundly moved me. I have learned that I cannot be happy myself unless I first see that France is happy. A part of my army is marching to meet the troops which England has landed in Spain. It is an especial blessing of that Providence which has constantly protected our army, that passion so blinded the English counsels as to induce them to renounce the possession of the seas, and to exhibit their army on the continent. I depart in a few days to place myself at the head of my troops, and, with the aid of God, to crown in Madrid the King of Spain, and to place our eagles on the fort of Lisbon. The Emperor of Russia and I have met at Erfurt. Our most earnest endeavor has been for peace. We have resolved to make many sacrifices; to confer, if possible, the blessings of maritime commerce upon the hundred millions of men whom we represent. We are of one mind, and we are indissolubly united for peace as for war."

Emperor Napoleon I
Mark87
Mark87

Back to top Go down

Ye King of Spaine Inn - NPC OOC Discussion - Page 9 Empty Peacocks Wanted

Post  King_Rufus Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:25 pm

I say, Gentlemen, does anyone know of a peacock breeder not too far from here, where I can purchase a fine bird  flower for my new villa?

Excuse me if I am out of place, I have only recently arrived from Engand. I do hope this is the right place to advertise?

Hookham Frere

His Britannic Majesty's Plenipotentiary in the Peninsula.

Casa Mia, Sintra

Last edited by King_Rufus on Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:37 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : aviary supplementation)
King_Rufus
King_Rufus

http://www.kriegsspiel.homestead.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:26 pm

Sling your hook, Frere. The Peninsular is no place for the likes of you effete English aristos. Shouldn't you be in the dorm flogging your fag, or something?

With the greatest of respect

A well-wisher

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:38 pm

My dear Hookham

Let me offer you a most hearty welcome to the Iberian peninsular.

We already have those d*mnable Frenchies on the run. I have no doubt that we shall shortly complete the job, with the assistance of the two hundred thousand red-blooded British troops, who are no doubt already en-route.

A peacock breeder

Martin

Back to top Go down

Ye King of Spaine Inn - NPC OOC Discussion - Page 9 Empty Excerpts of letters sent this week by the Junta Central

Post  Mr. Digby Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:50 pm

"Sevilla
3rd October 1808

Teniente General Joaquín Blake y Joyes,

We wish to inform you that with immediate effect you are promoted to the rank of Capitán-General of Galicia.

[paragraphs deleted]

We wish to inform you furthermore that after long deliberations we have decided to form an Army of the Left which shall be a high-level strategic grouping of armies with which to prosecute the war from [deleted] to [deleted]. The person who shall command this new army is yourself.

The forces comprising the Army of the Left are:

The Army of Galicia
The Army of the Asturias
The Division of the North

We have sent copies of this letter to Generals Acevedo and La Romana advising them of this news. They are instructed to work in support of you to achieve your aims. Please ask them to supply you with details of their forces.

We ask you to formulate a plan of military campaign to [deleted].

We hope and pray for British armies to support us very soon. We have written to them requesting [deleted].

We have heard news that the Corsican Dwarf is at Bayonne with a large army. Your strategy should take account of this new event. Your plans should be contingent of [deleted].

May God smile on our endeavours and deliver Spain from her torment.

Viva España!

We are, and remain, faithfully yours, &c. &c.

Don Pedro de Alcántara Álvarez de Toledo y Salm-Salm, 13° Duque del Infantado, Consejero Militar de la Junta Central."

==================================================================

"Sevilla
4th October 1808

Teniente-General Francisco Xavier Castaños,

We wish to inform you that with immediate effect you are promoted to the rank of Capitán-General of Andalucia.

We wish to inform you that with immediate effect you are awarded the title of Marquez del Aranjuez. We thank you with all our hearts for your work thus far in pushing back the hated enemy and containing his forces in the region around Madrid. Pinning down his soldiers in that area has permitted us to enjoy great and valuable freedoms elsewhere in our land allowing of a good harvest, free trade (now with the English as well!) and fair taxation and labour. Had the French captured more cities in the centre of Spain over the summer our situation would be far more serious. We hope and pray that our mother city of Madrid will soon be free and retaken from the Gallic leeches. Your part in this victory is noted, with our thanks.

We have given due consideration to the fine work of General Cuesta and we are aware of [deleted]. We therefore are pleased to assign the Army of Castilla as a new part of your Army of the Centre:

The Army of Andalucia
The Army of Extremadura
The Army of Castilla

General Cuesta has been sent a copy of this letter. We ask him to work with you towards the greater good of Spain. Be pleased to request from him an order of battle for his forces and a report on his operations to date.

We ask you to formulate a plan of military campaign to work alongside and with General Blake who commands the Army of the Left. The area of operations for the Army of the Centre will now be from [deleted] to [deleted]. From [deleted] to the [deleted] the Army of the Right under the Capitán-General of Valencia, Llamas is responsible for military operations. Our desire is to [deleted].

[paragraphs deleted]

May God smile on our endeavours and deliver Spain from her torment.

Viva España!

We are, and remain, faithfully yours, &c. &c.

Don Pedro de Alcántara Álvarez de Toledo y Salm-Salm, 13° Duque del Infantado, Consejero Militar de la Junta Central."
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Ye King of Spaine Inn - NPC OOC Discussion - Page 9 Empty Fag required at Sintra

Post  King_Rufus Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:42 pm

This is an exciting opportunity to be responsible for the maintenance of prestige premises in a desirable location, including landscaped gardens with aviary. Live in terms. No flogging involved provided service level agreement is maintained. Experience of peacock and duckhouse maintenance an advantage. Applications via HM Diplomatic Staff, Lisbon.

His Britannic Majesty is an equal opportunities employer.
King_Rufus
King_Rufus

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:10 pm

I say Hookham-Frere do you always keep a couple of stand-by sausage rolls tucked behind your ears for emergency campaign rations? You could start a new trend don't ye know.

Sir Michael Portillo-Walrus
Peacock Breeder to the Portuguese Court since yesterday.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Ye King of Spaine Inn - NPC OOC Discussion - Page 9 Empty Sausage rolls

Post  King_Rufus Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:13 pm

..Boccadillos con chorizo, actually, old boy. The peacocks love 'em, don't you know, so one keeps a ready supply behind one's ears. What's this about a war, incidentally?
King_Rufus
King_Rufus

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark87 Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:51 pm

To the soldiers of my army;

Soldiers: After triumphing on the banks of the Vistula and the Danube, with rapid steps you have passed through Germany. This day, without a moment of repose, I command you to traverse France. Soldiers: I have need of you. The hideous presence of the leopard contaminates the peninsula of Spain and Portugal. In terror he must fly before you. Let us bear our triumphal eagles to the pillars of Hercules. There, also, we have injuries to avenge. Soldiers: You have passed the renown of our modern armies, but you have not yet equaled the glories of those Romans, who, in one and the same campaign, were victorious upon the Rhine and the Euphrates, in Illyria and upon the Tagus. A long peace, a lasting prosperity, shall be the reward of your labors. But a real Frenchman ought not, could not, rest until the seas are open to all. Soldiers: All that you have done, all that you will do for the happiness of the French people, and for my glory, shall be eternal in my heart
Mark87
Mark87

Back to top Go down

Ye King of Spaine Inn - NPC OOC Discussion - Page 9 Empty Tenders invited for the supply of leopard(s) to a fledgling menagerie in Sintra

Post  King_Rufus Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:15 am

Please submit to HM Diplomatic Staff in Lisbon by final day of October

[this tender is issued in accordance with EU procurement regulations. Please note that 'leopard' is to be given the meaning prescribed by protocol 32 subprotocol 235a of the Lisbon treaty. Note in particular that the animal is to be accompanied by a full veterinary record, and to retain its original spots]

Twisted Evil
King_Rufus
King_Rufus

Back to top Go down

Ye King of Spaine Inn - NPC OOC Discussion - Page 9 Empty Peacock feathers wanted

Post  King_Rufus Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:15 pm

Portillo-Walrus,

Are you able to supply 500 feathers for the hats of the Peacock Legion?

Please supply to Gen. Beresford at Campo Marcial in Lisbon, and send the bill to Viscount Castlereagh, War Office, London, there's a good chap.

flower
King_Rufus
King_Rufus

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:57 pm

An Open Letter to Señor Hookham-Frere, Lisbon.

Published in 'La Gazeta' Madrid, 'O Açoriano Oriental' Lisbon, and in 'The Times' London.

Sevilla
17th October 1808

Excellency (sic)

We have been forwarded a letter from one of our generals sent by yourself in which you (once again) request that the British be given port facilities and even a base guarded by British troops before you will send arms and munitions to help your brave ally, Spain.

We quote your letter:

"For reasons of security against the enemy and against bandits, also, [the supplies] will need to be guarded by a substantial body of British troops.

I would be grateful therefore for permission from the Junta to land a corps of British troops at [deleted], and to take over some of the port facilities there for the purpose of servicing HM navy and providing a steady flow of supplies to your army, in addition to establishing a training facility for any personnel you would care to send there for that purpose."

Britain already has a base and other facilities in a Spanish port and that port is Gibraltar. You now also occupy Lisbon as well. You do not need any further bases, training facilities, barracks or anything else of this sort in Spain, in order to do the task your government has sent you here to do, viz, to aid your ally in defeating Napoleon Bonaparte!

The very idea that you think our major ports suffer from banditry or that the strong Spanish garrisons already in these places cannot protect them is nothing short of insulting to both us and every Spaniard.

We are most concerned at these constant requests of yours for bases and training camps in our ports. All your requests made heretofore and henceforth in the future are refused.

When we ask, on bended knee, our most gracious ally to supply us with cannon, muskets, powder, hats, shoes and cloth for uniforms we do not want English soldiers to draw then, shoot them, carry it or wear them. They are for our Spanish soldiers to use to bring war more effectively to the invader of our innocent soil. If you wish to send English soldiers into Spain your fine general Sir Arthur Wellesley has an army and he need only march it here (under the terms we have discussed) to take war to the enemy.

Military supplies we ask to be given to us.

Please!

We did not wish to make this most delicate matter public but your behaviour up to this point regarding going behind our backs to our various generals, on matters of diplomatic and mercantile policy which they have no authority to discuss, we now identify as an attempt to cause disharmony in the various parties of your ally.

This will cease at once!

Sir, are you an ally of Spain... or an ally of France!?

You will henceforth discuss all matters with Seville only! Only British military officers in command of your British corps have our agreement to communicate with our generals and then only on matters of military strategy and co-operation.

These are our wishes. If they are not adhered to we will request you be replaced with a more co-operative representative of His Most Britannic Majesty's government and, as regards these idiotic peacock issues, someone less mad.

We are, and remain, &c. &c.

Juan de Vera y Delgado, Arzobispo de Laodicea y el Obispo de Cádiz, Presidente de la Junta Central
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:02 am

On a fine tree-lined avenue one afternoon in one of the better quarters of Madrid:

Colonel Mataran, an aide-de-camp from the headquarters of Capitán-General Castaños was out riding in mid-October when he saw a familiar face. It was none other than Major Isaac Albéniz, commander of the 2nd squadron Dragones de Pavia, one of the squadrons of the brigade of Las Casas that was detached to the Army of Murcia.

"Bless my soul, 'tis none other than Don Albéniz! Major, are you well? Were you a prisoner of the French? No-one at Headquarters knew what had become of you!"

The Major looked puzzled, then with a smile gave a respectful bow from the saddle.

"Coronel Mataran, I and the regiment, all 400 of us, still serve with the Army of Murcia, as ordered. The division of Baron de Eroles. We have been there since being detached months ago! Why might your face be so pale? I would say you had seen a ghost."

"My friend, I thought I had! We all thought you dead or prisoner. We have heard nothing from you! Whose command are you with, pray tell," was Mataran's response.

"Mayor Juan de Palarea, of 2nd division. Things have been quiet with him, he doesn't ride us into the ground like Las Casas! Why only last week we had two days of fine hunting with hounds provided by the Master of Hounds of the Aranjuez palace, Vizconde del Aparrama, you remember him from the ball of the Marqués del Parque last summer?"

Major Albéniz smiled and sat back comfortably in his saddle, lifting his hat and leaning majestically forwards, greeting two ladies who passed by in silk dresses and hid their bashful smiles beneath their dainty parasols.

"Del Parque! How can I forget!" Mataran scowled, his eyes registering a greeting to the ladies. "That son of the devil cleaned me out at Quadrille! I swear he had a footman looking at my hand over my shoulder and holding up fingers to his master, but I could never get a witness to speak out in my favour."

Albéniz roared with laughter. "A witness? Against El Demonico Parque? No sir, no. He buys them all off with long silences after promises of favours from his four beautiful daughters! No dirt will stick to that fellow."

Mataran grinned, "Well, this is all bye the bye. It is a fine day that causes us to meet again. Our Lady has willed it, keeping you safe from harm and bringing you to me. I am happy again! We lost some good fellows at Scarnafigi on that hellish hill. But seeing those French running was a fine sight - what a day you missed. You should have been there, you a huntsman - you would have had a grand chase!" The colonel shook his head wistfully.

... and so on ... the small talk of gentlemen does not interest us beyond these opening lines.

Later Colonel Mataran reported to Castaños' HQ about who he had just met. The famous "Lost" Pavia Dragoons, all three squadrons of them had been working for General Villava all this time, but searches by him, as requested by staff of the Army of Andalucia under the name "Brigada de Las Casas" drew a blank since Las Casas never left the Army of Andalucia, but transferred his three squadrons to Juan de Palarea.

The missing cavalry that confounded two generals and the staffs of two armies have been found! Major Albéniz advises they are quartered at La Poveda.

Ye King of Spaine Inn - NPC OOC Discussion - Page 9 CarabinerosRealesCrop

Last edited by Mr. Digby on Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  WJPalmer Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:26 am

Confounded indeed! This is quite the tale and I look forward to questioning these missing horsemen more closely when they rejoin their original command. Certainly one of the Campaign's more bizarre stories -- and undoubtedly worthy of a best-selling novel!
WJPalmer
WJPalmer

http://rwberg53.wix.com/adventure-images

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:18 am

Indeed. This was a very fun sub-plot to see being played out. I had to bite my fingers to stop myself typing out clues. Two - or was it three? Spanish players fumbling about looking for a black cat in a coal cellar at midnight. The cat was happily sat in the middle of the floor curled up asleep while those looking for it searched only the darkest corners and cupboards Wink

Only the Mysterious Case of the Extremaduran Ham and the fate of poor Conde de Aguilar rank with it in strangeness and laughs. You gentlemen are surely the most fun set of players I've ever had the privilege of running a campaign for.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark87 Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:00 am

And we appreciate all that you do. Finishing the final points of the orders. Incoming after work so you will have an entire week to make sense of my mess Cool
Mark87
Mark87

Back to top Go down

Ye King of Spaine Inn - NPC OOC Discussion - Page 9 Empty Thanking you for your well wishes

Post  King_Rufus Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:42 pm

I thank all my new Iberian friends for your expressions of sympathy during my recent illness. You will be pleased to hear that I have moved back to Casa Mia, where I am eagerly awaiting the latest additions to my collection - a leopard, and a breeding pair of Norwegian blues (seen here in artists impression). Can't wait don't ye know!

Senor Don Juan Hookham Frere

Ye King of Spaine Inn - NPC OOC Discussion - Page 9 16166747948_0c79c8ac66_b

Last edited by King_Rufus on Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
King_Rufus
King_Rufus

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:23 pm

FRERE NAMED IN PEACOCK SCANDAL SHOCK!  BAIRD PUTS PRIZE FOWL IN SANDWICH RUMOUR!

A breeding pair of Javan peacocks, the much sought-after, Pavo muticus, have been stolen from the Seville Municipal Zoological Gardens.  The discovery was made by Sr Ernesto Suarez, the Head Keeper, on Thursday last.  The fowl were last seen on Wednesday evening, and both appeared in excellent health.

These specimens were the pride of Seville, and suspicion has naturally fallen upon the roving bands of unsavoury English Peacock hunters who now infest Andalucia.  There are two current theories in the salons and plazas of our fair city.  Firstly that they have been smuggled aboard the pleasure yacht of Sir Hookham Frere, the dandified representative of His Britannic Majesty, for unspeakable purposes.  The other possibility is that the poor benighted fowl have already been eaten by ill-disciplined English troops of Baird’s Corps. Neither explanation will do other than cause great offense to honest Spaniards everywhere.

The Clarion says “Enough!”  You English are supposed to be our allies, yet you do no fighting.  You claim to be our friends, yet you promenade your wealth and insult our womenfolk.  This cannot continue!

Burlington H Grumble, Chief Crime Correspondent
Seville Clarion

(more, including pictures, on pp17-20)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next