Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:24 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

» Scourge of war Waterloo remastered on Steam
by Martin Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:41 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30495 messages in 2294 subjects

I forgot my password

BATTLE TIME - SIDE ROSTER - Spartans of Harper's Ferry

+8
kg little mac
M.Jonah
Blackstreet
MajorByrd
WJPalmer
BoldRover
Uncle Billy
Father General
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

BATTLE TIME - SIDE ROSTER - Spartans of Harper's Ferry - Page 2 Empty Re: BATTLE TIME - SIDE ROSTER - Spartans of Harper's Ferry

Post  Blackstreet Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:10 pm

Hays wrote:Ollie,

I had the same problem.

After I patching the game through GCM on Saturday I noticed that the river graphics had not changed. Just a dirty brown ditch.

So I down loaded v1.5 and all the add-ons from Matrix and reinstalled. Then patched to v1.6 only to find there had been no change!!!!

What the !!!!

I then realised that when you install from Matrix the game is put in into a Matrix directory. C:\Matrix Games…
My original game had been installed to C:\NorbSoftDev\....

GCM had patched the original install (Garnier had transferred the minimum files required to get the game playing in MP)

The upshot of all of this is check you don’t have two versions of the game installed and that any short cuts to start the game are pointing to the Matrix install version.

Niall

Bingo - thanks for this. Should have spotted that perhaps, but it is a bit confusing. Now I've installed the Matrix 1.5 versions into the Norbsoft folder (where it was originally) and patched this to 1.6, all is working well, and I still have all my modes. Easy when you know how.

Spoom raises a very important point - Neal, we could really do with a trial run before Saturday!
Blackstreet
Blackstreet

Back to top Go down

BATTLE TIME - SIDE ROSTER - Spartans of Harper's Ferry - Page 2 Empty Re: BATTLE TIME - SIDE ROSTER - Spartans of Harper's Ferry

Post  Grog Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:44 am

I expect a trial run will be difficult to arrange for every player.

Perhaps also a separate thread for the players to confirm successful update to 1.6 ?

From reading some of the difficulties people were experiencing I also decided to do a fresh install of GB and expansions. My games are now in a Matrix root folder rather than Norbsoftdev. I know that this is not strictly necessary but it seemed to surest way of getting it right and it really didn't take that long once Registered on the Matrix site.

If you do a fresh install (like Hays said), make sure you run it from this new install and not the old one (I did that too, Ollie :twisted Smile ). There are Application files (.exe) in the main folder for shortcut ( those who want to bypass the Matrix screen ).

Mike

Grog
Grog

Back to top Go down

Post  LEGIO_Suchet Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:53 pm

Hi guys,

sorry for my delay but I know for sure to be able to play tomorrow night only now.

The Doodle: HITS Meets GCM Game 09 is closed. So I'm writing here my availability if I'm just in time.

As usual, I would like to command a division as a Confederate general. But if you need one more with the Yankees, that's okay.

Let me know if there are any problems with my participation.

Thanks in advance

Alberto

LEGIO_Suchet
LEGIO_Suchet

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:43 am

LEGIO_Suchet wrote:Hi guys,

sorry for my delay but I know for sure to be able to play tomorrow night only now.

The Doodle: HITS Meets GCM Game 09 is closed. So I'm writing here my availability if I'm just in time.

As usual, I would like to command a division as a Confederate general. But if you need one more with the Yankees, that's okay.

Let me know if there are any problems with my participation.

Thanks in advance

Alberto

Legio, please show up, I am certain we will have plenty of spots available for you to choose from. See you soon!
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:45 am

If wqe can show up early to DL the patch and test the install, it should be helpful.

I'll hop on an hour early. I need to install the patch still, but and hour should be plenty of time to install and test.

See you all tomorrow!

Blackstreet, I'd cry for you...but Providence would take it as a sign of weakness.
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  kg_sspoom Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:23 am

If your game is installed to the old norbsoft directory the best bet is to make sure your games are registered at matrix,download the matrix versions and install them to the matrix directory before you patch otherwise the patch doesnt recognise the antietam maps and certain files
kg_sspoom
kg_sspoom

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:58 pm

Father General wrote:
Blackstreet, I'd cry for you...but Providence would take it as a sign of weakness.
That's odd, the Hairlifters are grinning from ear to ear. Twisted Evil
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2