Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» SOW Scenario Generator
by glennthom Yesterday at 4:26 am

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

» Scourge of war Waterloo remastered on Steam
by Martin Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:41 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30496 messages in 2294 subjects

I forgot my password

BATTLE TIME - SIDE ROSTER - Spartans of Harper's Ferry

+8
kg little mac
M.Jonah
Blackstreet
MajorByrd
WJPalmer
BoldRover
Uncle Billy
Father General
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

BATTLE TIME - SIDE ROSTER - Spartans of Harper's Ferry Empty BATTLE TIME - SIDE ROSTER - Spartans of Harper's Ferry

Post  Father General Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:00 am

Here you go fellows!

The battle Spartans of Harper's Ferry will take place on Saturday, 3/9 at 8:00 p.m. (2000) GMT.

Map = Anteitam/Sharpsburg PM

Sides are subject to change, however unless there is a good reason, here are your assignments:

CSA
Neal
Blackstreet - CiC
Bold Rover
KGSSpoom
Mitra
Grog

USA
Kevin - CiC
WJ Palmer
Hays
John Roberts
Byrd
(USA could use 1 more player, but it isn't critical, CSA may have greater need, way more troops)

Outstanding Floaters
M. Jonah - Can't make it? Sad I'm sorry my friend! If it turns out you can show, please let us know ASAP.

CiC - Please let me know if you have any objections or preferences regarding team assignments. Please email me any concerns or questions.

We'll assume, Ollie that your greatest concern is me. Duly noted.

Side commanders should already be familiar with their situation and the battle restrictions. The river may only be crossed at the stone bridge.

Say your prayers.

-Neal
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

BATTLE TIME - SIDE ROSTER - Spartans of Harper's Ferry Empty Re: BATTLE TIME - SIDE ROSTER - Spartans of Harper's Ferry

Post  Uncle Billy Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:38 pm

On behalf of the benighted Blackstreet, I object. It is sad enough that he will most likely be closely barbered by the Glorietta Hairlifters. But to be saddled with the responsibility of the forthcoming bloodbath is cruel. Still, as my mentor once said, "War is hell." Twisted Evil
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

BATTLE TIME - SIDE ROSTER - Spartans of Harper's Ferry Empty Re: BATTLE TIME - SIDE ROSTER - Spartans of Harper's Ferry

Post  BoldRover Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:09 am

Are additional players allowed as well?

I ask this because the gametime coincides with the "traditional" GCM-HITS-weekly session, organised by WJ Palmer (which obviously isn't going to happen next week / march 9th).

BoldRover

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:02 pm

BoldRover wrote:Are additional players allowed as well?

I ask this because the gametime coincides with the "traditional" GCM-HITS-weekly session, organised by WJ Palmer (which obviously isn't going to happen next week / march 9th).

If you know how to play with HITS and couriers, yes, by all means you're invited.
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  WJPalmer Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:47 pm

If the Antietam stock map is planned for this one, is there potential map incompatibility between those who've updated to 1.6 through Matrix and those who haven't?
WJPalmer
WJPalmer

http://rwberg53.wix.com/adventure-images

Back to top Go down

Post  MajorByrd Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:03 pm

I have to sign out. Busy next week, then on vacation till end of march and we're planning to move so I probably won't have time to participate in the campaign. I hope that it turns out to be as much fun as the first one. I'll catch you guys in the future.
MajorByrd
MajorByrd

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackstreet Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:22 pm

WJPalmer wrote:If the Antietam stock map is planned for this one, is there potential map incompatibility between those who've updated to 1.6 through Matrix and those who haven't?

We need to get this sorted!

Initial orders sent to Neal for distribution.

Byrd - sorry to hear you won't be around for a while - have a good one, and see you down on the upside!
Blackstreet
Blackstreet

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:27 am

If the Antietam stock map is planned for this one, is there potential map incompatibility between those who've updated to 1.6 through Matrix and those who haven't?
The map shouldn't matter since Hits&Couriers has its own version. However, everyone will have to upgrade to 1.6 to play.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  M.Jonah Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:50 pm

Garnier built the important aspects of 1.6 into the GCM launcher would those that play GCM have to get the full version of 1.6 from Matrix or would Garniers stripped down version be good.
M.Jonah
M.Jonah

Back to top Go down

Post  BoldRover Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:41 pm

I'd upgrade to V1.6 entirely. I have done it without issue and it has useful improvements, some of which are to the Antietam stock maps.

BoldRover

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackstreet Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:39 pm

M.Jonah wrote:Garnier built the important aspects of 1.6 into the GCM launcher would those that play GCM have to get the full version of 1.6 from Matrix or would Garniers stripped down version be good.

I am being slow - I look on the Matrix website and the NorbSoft website, and I can't see the 1.6 patch for download anywhere! Where the deuce is it?
Blackstreet
Blackstreet

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:47 pm

Try here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackstreet Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:22 pm

Uncle Billy wrote:Try here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ok thanks. Now, I've already "updated" using Garnier's GCM launcher, which took it to "1.6", though I thought this was not quite the full install. Now when I run this 1.6 beta installer, it refuses because it "doesn't recognise the version". Do I need to run this if my game is reporting 1.6 already?
Blackstreet
Blackstreet

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:55 pm

Does the GCM updater download the entire patch into your game? If so, you don't need the beta patch. But if it doesn't, the posts in this thread will help you out.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  kg little mac Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:28 am

The GCM installer does not install the entire patch.
kg little mac
kg little mac

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackstreet Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:35 am

kg little mac wrote:The GCM installer does not install the entire patch.

Ok - that's what I thought - have you installed the full patch, or are you just running with what the GCM launcher does for you?
Blackstreet
Blackstreet

Back to top Go down

Post  BoldRover Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:02 am

Blackstreet wrote:
Uncle Billy wrote:Try here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ok thanks. Now, I've already "updated" using Garnier's GCM launcher, which took it to "1.6", though I thought this was not quite the full install. Now when I run this 1.6 beta installer, it refuses because it "doesn't recognise the version". Do I need to run this if my game is reporting 1.6 already?

That's odd. I ran the GCM update last saturday prior to the GCM/HITS game, then the day after rthe beta patch. He recognized the version fine and updated successfully.

Since Antietam stock maps have been impacted by 1.6, if you check your ..\Base\Maps folder, the ANT*.bmp and ANT*.lsl-files (and some other *.bmp and *.lsl-files) should have modification date 14/02/2013.

BoldRover

Back to top Go down

BATTLE TIME - SIDE ROSTER - Spartans of Harper's Ferry Empty Harpers Ferry Background

Post  WJPalmer Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:03 pm

Coincidentally, the topic of our Civil War Round Table presentation this month (March 14) is the Battle of Harpers Ferry (the 1862 verson preceding Antietam). The speaker is a long-time guide at Harpers Ferry National Historic Park. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

For anyone interested, I've included a link below to this month's RMCWRT newsletter with a description of the upcoming presentation, suggested reading on Harpers Ferry, and a few vintage Civil War-era images (p.7).
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(after downloading, open up Adobe Reader and browse to the downloaded file for best viewing)

BTW, this is my final issue as editor of the newsletter and includes a "farewell" on page 2.

See you on Saturday!

-Ron
WJPalmer
WJPalmer

http://rwberg53.wix.com/adventure-images

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackstreet Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:03 pm

BoldRover wrote:
Blackstreet wrote:

That's odd. I ran the GCM update last saturday prior to the GCM/HITS game, then the day after rthe beta patch. He recognized the version fine and updated successfully.

Since Antietam stock maps have been impacted by 1.6, if you check your ..\Base\Maps folder, the ANT*.bmp and ANT*.lsl-files (and some other *.bmp and *.lsl-files) should have modification date 14/02/2013.

My error message says the reason is:

C:\NorbSoftDev\Scourge of War - Gettysburg\Antietam.sow: unknown version

I have checked the files in the Maps folder as you suggested, and none of them are the date you indicated.
Blackstreet
Blackstreet

Back to top Go down

Post  kg little mac Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:16 pm

Blackstreet wrote:
BoldRover wrote:
Blackstreet wrote:

I have checked the files in the Maps folder as you suggested, and none of them are the date you indicated.

You need to register and download and install the matrix versions of Antietam and Pipe Creek and Gettysburg.
kg little mac
kg little mac

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackstreet Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:21 pm

kg little mac wrote:
Blackstreet wrote:
BoldRover wrote:
Blackstreet wrote:

You need to register and download and install the matrix versions of Antietam and Pipe Creek and Gettysburg.

Dammit. I just moved the ant_*.lsl files and the antietam.sow file before running the patch. That worked, then I put the files back.

I'll try what you said too though, just for good measure I guess. Thanks Soldier.
Blackstreet
Blackstreet

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackstreet Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:28 pm

I don't see any water in the creek around Burnside's bridge. I guess that means I'm not patched properly?
Blackstreet
Blackstreet

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackstreet Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:59 am

Now I re-installed Gettysburg, Antietam and Pipe Creek all v 1.5 from Matrix. Then I patched them - no problems. But I still don't see any water - am I supposed to see water in the creeks? Is it a graphics setting?
Blackstreet
Blackstreet

Back to top Go down

Post  Hays Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:40 am

Ollie,

I had the same problem.

After I patching the game through GCM on Saturday I noticed that the river graphics had not changed. Just a dirty brown ditch.

So I down loaded v1.5 and all the add-ons from Matrix and reinstalled. Then patched to v1.6 only to find there had been no change!!!!

What the !!!!

I then realised that when you install from Matrix the game is put in into a Matrix directory. C:\Matrix Games…
My original game had been installed to C:\NorbSoftDev\....

GCM had patched the original install (Garnier had transferred the minimum files required to get the game playing in MP)

The upshot of all of this is check you don’t have two versions of the game installed and that any short cuts to start the game are pointing to the Matrix install version.

Niall
Hays
Hays

Back to top Go down

Post  kg_sspoom Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:19 pm

This could lead to compatibility issues for Saturdays game.Some testing should be done before then to make sure we don't run into major issues at game time. On a secondary note has the scenario been tested online with 1.6?
kg_sspoom
kg_sspoom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next