Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:24 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

» Scourge of war Waterloo remastered on Steam
by Martin Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:41 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30495 messages in 2294 subjects

I forgot my password

Gettysburg game Thursday 28th February

+4
Blackstreet
WJPalmer
Hays
Martin
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Gettysburg game Thursday 28th February - Page 2 Empty Re: Gettysburg game Thursday 28th February

Post  Martin Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:06 pm

WJPalmer wrote:PS Martin, don't take this the wrong way, but I'm sort of cheering for the AI in this one. Razz
Don't worry, Ron. The AI team is always favorite when I'm playing Embarassed

Martin

Back to top Go down

Gettysburg game Thursday 28th February - Page 2 Empty Re: Gettysburg game Thursday 28th February

Post  Uncle Billy Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:10 pm

Another idea to consider if possible, make the corps commanders more experienced with a narrower range of styles. They determine the locations the divisions move to. Audacious ones tend to spread them out so they can't support one another, while cautious ones tend to send off their divisions one at a time so they can be defeated in detail. So defensive through daring would be good choices and lead to better strategic decisions. The effect of experience level is less clear, but volunteer and above might be worth a look.

Don't worry, Ron. The AI team is always favorite when I'm playing
It's the favorite if Hays is commanding too. Very Happy But I'll follow him anywhere.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:33 pm

Uncle Billy wrote:
It's the favorite if Hays is commanding too. Very Happy But I'll follow him anywhere.
Yes indeed.....into the flames of h*ll. For some reason he is a most enjoyable CinC to play under.

I've just hit a slight technical difficulty. I followed Ron's suggestion of adding Player 1, Player 2 and Player 5. I'm getting the following message:

Unable to create teams, one player might not have created divisions yet

Can you help please Garnier (again)?

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Garnier Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:35 pm

It means exactly that.

player1 and player2 are the only extra players I created.

Garnier

Back to top Go down

Post  kg little mac Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:48 pm

Martin,

You can use any player from the list, as long as you choose random divisions and not ranked.

It's probably best to use players who play regularly.

Feel free to use me: kg soldier.

Also Swinder, Palmer, Jonah, Barlow, sspoom.

I'm sure none of those guys will mind if you use their random division names for the ai team.
kg little mac
kg little mac

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:50 pm

kg little mac wrote:Martin,

You can use any player from the list, as long as you choose random divisions and not ranked.

I'm sure none of those guys will mind if you use their random division names for the ai team.
Thanks kg. Just checking that this won't interfere with any of you playing in another GCM game, should you decide to do so today?

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:53 pm

Garnier wrote:It means exactly that.

player1 and player2 are the only extra players I created.
Ok understood. Thanks. The drop-down list includes Player 4 and Player 5 btw.

Sounds like we have a solution from kg soldier.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  kg little mac Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:55 pm

Martin wrote:
kg little mac wrote:Martin,

Thanks kg. Just checking that this won't interfere with any of you playing in another GCM game, should you decide to do so today?

Martin (J)

As long as the game is not a ranked game, it will not affect us.
kg little mac
kg little mac

Back to top Go down

Post  Hays Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:29 pm

OK Martin home from work at a reasonable time. Doodle updated.
Hays
Hays

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:06 pm

Many thanks kg little mac. Sorry.was getting my sspooms, soldiers & little macs confused there for a minute.

Glad you can make it Niall. You've been so good recently, perhaps we'll let you take a division instead of CinC Very Happy

It looks as if we have 4 of us at the moment, so based on doodle preferences it looks like a 2 hour game, starting at 20.00 UK time. If everyone's happy I'll set us up to play the AI as an experiment. I'll give the CinC an AI division to command directly.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Garnier Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:10 pm

Martin, look on the Battle Queue where it says "random". If you click on that, it will changed to "fixed" and then you can pick teams by clicking on players names.

Garnier

Back to top Go down

Post  kg little mac Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:20 pm

I'm not sure kg little mac will work, go with kg soldier. That's the one I play with all the time.
kg little mac
kg little mac

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:21 pm

Garnier wrote:Martin, look on the Battle Queue where it says "random". If you click on that, it will changed to "fixed" and then you can pick teams by clicking on players names.
Thanks again Garnier. Yes I was wondering how to do that.

Bear with me, old soldier. I will get there in the end.

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:23 pm

kg little mac wrote:I'm not sure kg little mac will work, go with kg soldier. That's the one I play with all the time.
Righto.

Just reasure me you're not kg sspoom as well, Mark Shocked

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  kg little mac Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:41 pm

Martin wrote:
kg little mac wrote:I'm not sure kg little mac will work, go with kg soldier. That's the one I play with all the time.
Righto.

Just reasure me you're not kg sspoom as well, Mark Shocked

He wishes!
kg little mac
kg little mac

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackstreet Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:07 pm

Sorry I missed the game this eve. I think I had said I might not be able to make it. Was it fun? AAR please!
Blackstreet
Blackstreet

Back to top Go down

Post  Grog Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:41 pm

It may relieve you to know that we never really got a game tonight.

Martin, Naill and Myself against AI GCM.

Hays had probs getting in to the staging room but we managed to use Hamanchi, thanks Martin.

We took all three objectives and awaited the enemy. They were briefly spotted in the distance then turned away. We assumed they had devised a cunning plan and awaited the attack whilst scouting in every direction.

An hour later Hays figured out what had happened. They had congregated around one of the corner markers, which use objective symbols.

Now desperate for a fight, we marched over to engage but Naill got dropped on the march. Poised to attack with Martin controlling Naill's division we ran out of time. Battle Lost!!

Thanks anyway fellas. All good experience.

Mike
Grog
Grog

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:45 am

Never mind Ollie. Yes you did warn us you might not make it.

Good summary by Mike.

I suspect the problem with Hays relates to port-forwarding. Although we are told that port-forwarding is no longer necessary since the 1.5 patch, this appears to be not always the case in practice. I had trouble hosting him several months ago, until Kevin kindly took me through the port-forwarding routine. I now suspect that the replacement Virgin super-hub (my 4th so far) fitted last week means that I need to go through the whole process again......

We did finally locate the enemy, shortly before time ran out. They were securely ensconced on rising ground and with clear fields of fire for their guns. They certainly knew a good position when they saw it.

Poor Hays having now lost connection (is the poor guy fated never to exercise divisional command?), I ordered his division to advance a ways towards them as bait. This succeeded in briefly tempting part of their force off the higher ground. I was hoping that our 2 flank divisions would come up and that we could coordinate an attack, but the enemy force once more pulled back. At this point the game timed-out. So the jury is still out on the AI.

On the positive side I can report that all ranks remained cheerful under trying circumstances. We were also blessed with a brief visit by the Father General (very well impersonated by Mark), who of course exhorted us to attack.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2