Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Today at 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

» Scourge of war Waterloo remastered on Steam
by Martin Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:41 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30497 messages in 2294 subjects

I forgot my password

Confederate incident: A deserter has been captured

5 posters

Go down

Confederate incident: A deserter has been captured Empty Confederate incident: A deserter has been captured

Post  Leffe7 Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:41 pm

A man has been captured out of uniform, attempting to pass through a picket line. He was wearing gray pants and his coat, rifle, and cap were all missing as well as his accouterments. Some men from the 48th Tennessee say they can identify him as a private from their ranks.

I have given order to hold a formal war tribunal in the next days. Officers and corporals from the 48th Tennessee shall testify if they can clearly identify this man. If the suspicion proves true, the verdict is clear. A man that leaves his fellow comrades, disobeys the orders of his generals and disregards the duties for his country commits a severe crime. The punishment is ultimate. Such men would have to be shot by a firing squad.

Lt. Gen. Hebert
Leffe7
Leffe7

Back to top Go down

Confederate incident: A deserter has been captured Empty Re: Confederate incident: A deserter has been captured

Post  Father General Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:20 am

The private has been found guilty of desertion.

The penalty, or mercy, is yours to apply.

There will be benefits and consequences to your choice.

-Neal

Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Confederate incident: A deserter has been captured Empty Re: Confederate incident: A deserter has been captured

Post  Leffe7 Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:09 pm

The war tribunal has come to the conclusion that the captured man is guilty of desertion.
The punishment for this crime is death.
Leffe7
Leffe7

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:12 pm

Leffe7 wrote:The war tribunal has come to the conclusion that the captured man is guilty of desertion.
Dang! And just as I was about to desert myself. Need to re-think that one Very Happy

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:02 pm

Martin, I am just north of your current position. You will be welcomed with open arms. Errr.. you are bringing the HQ silverware aren't you?!?

M.T. Georgia
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:12 pm

Well I got me some eatin irons an such here Gen’l. Not sure if it’s silver tho.

But you ain’t fixin’ to trick a poor Louisiana boy is yar? My brother Nate says never trust a Yankee.

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:25 pm

Leffe7 wrote:The war tribunal has come to the conclusion that the captured man is guilty of desertion.

A somber mood prevailed mid-morning as one Tennessee regiment formed up in a three-sided square to mete out the ultimate punishment for a deserter.

The condemned private was compelled to sit on a wooden casket, hands bound behind his back. He was blindfolded and accompanied by a minister who prayed with him until the last moment.

A five-man squad, drawn by lot, was formed from his company and marched out with loaded rifles. Behind the formation, Col. Neal on his white horse rode up to watch. The minister trotted away as the squad took the ready.

It was a very swift and grim affair. The private tensed, offering a clear shot to his chest -- his last hope that his comrades would not miss.

"Ready, aim, fire!"

And it was over. The dead private fell backwards and moved no more.

Col. Neal audibly remarked, "glorious, glorious!" before riding back to his unit.

Another grim detail delivered the now-full casket to a church for burial while his captain hastily scribbled a letter to the unfortunate private's family.

You men will now think twice before deserting...
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  SWeathers Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:25 pm

As Washington held the original army of independence together at Valley Forge with the execution of deserters, so shall this second army of independence be bonded in blood!
SWeathers
SWeathers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down