Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Today at 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

» Scourge of war Waterloo remastered on Steam
by Martin Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:41 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30497 messages in 2294 subjects

I forgot my password

Doodle link for Battle of New Market

+11
MajorByrd
SWeathers
Blaugrana
Baldwin1
Cleburne
Grog
Uncle Billy
Mr. Digby
M.Jonah
Nathan B. Forrest
Father General
15 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Doodle link for Battle of New Market  - Page 2 Empty Re: Doodle link for Battle of New Market

Post  Blaugrana Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:17 pm

Father General wrote:Worst case, would there be any objection to Kevin taking the role for the Union?
-Neal
Not from me Very Happy

Blaugrana

Back to top Go down

Doodle link for Battle of New Market  - Page 2 Empty Re: Doodle link for Battle of New Market

Post  Uncle Billy Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:59 pm

If I have to be the division commander and play is to be on Saturday, then we will need to get an early start, 1730 GMT at the latest. I have to pick up my better half at the airport later in the afternoon. On any of the other 3 days, I have no restrictions.

I know Hays has been itching for division command. Very Happy
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:02 pm

Uncle Billy wrote:If I have to be the division commander and play is to be on Saturday, then we will need to get an early start, 1730 GMT at the latest. I have to pick up my better half at the airport later in the afternoon. On any of the other 3 days, I have no restrictions.

I know Hays has been itching for division command. Very Happy

We can always save some time and call it for the Confederacy. :-) I mean, you can always retreat...
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaugrana Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:17 pm

Uncle Billy wrote:If I have to be the division commander and play is to be on Saturday, then we will need to get an early start, 1730 GMT at the latest.
Kevin, could you amend your Doodle accordingly? I almost did it for you but then thought better of it.

Ta,

Jeff

Blaugrana

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:50 pm

Sunday looks like we could get 5 US vs 4 CS. Trouble is with only 3 CS infantry players the OOB limits us severely. It would be so much easier if the commands were made up of 2 brigade divisions and each player took one with the overall commander taking the artillery.

I think the US side will be having the same troubles. We almost need a separate OOB for each game because the limitation is the number of players who can turn up.

Like this:

CS side

Players:

1) Cav Brigade
2) Inf Div = Brigade, Brigade
3) Inf Div = Brigade, Brigade, Battery, Battery
4 C-in-C) Inf Div = Brigade, Brigade, Battery, Battery

etc

US side

Players:

1) Inf Div = Brigade, Brigade
3) Inf Div = Brigade, Brigade
4) Inf Div = Brigade, Brigade
5) C-in-C, Battery, Battery, Battery, Battery

etc
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:09 am

We can always save some time and call it for the Confederacy. :-) I mean, you can always retreat...
Harlots, dressed as nuns, guarding a pile of cutlery, you really think I'm going to pass that up? Shocked
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan B. Forrest Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:10 am

Mr. Digby wrote:Having Sven command is my preference since Kevin is a very good C-in-C!

EDIT: BTW, Jeff, Hays is US, Grog is CS. I have no idea even who John L Roberts is!
I'm one of those bastard yankees!
Nathan B. Forrest
Nathan B. Forrest

Back to top Go down

Post  M.Jonah Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:36 am

Might i suggest that a corps is split into 2 divisions of infantry so there are 2 division commanders if one is unavailable the 2nd may step up.
M.Jonah
M.Jonah

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:36 am

Based on the doodle results and feedback regarding scenario design, we will see the Battle of New Market on SUNDAY Oct 21 at 1600 GMT.

I do not think the preferred option of Saturday will do because of the absence of principals.

We may also have to do some restructuring with the OOB, creating mini divisions so all the troops can be managed.

Ultimately, if we cannot do any better than that, then the AI will have to do some of the work. We may not prefer that, but the AI does provide some interesting battles and is capable enough. (okay, not really)

The campaign must go on.

So, I wish you all good luck on Sunday and may you have a very good time!

Baldwin should have the scenario in hand, I believe he was creating it today. If not please correct me!

-Neal
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:37 am

M.Jonah wrote:Might i suggest that a corps is split into 2 divisions of infantry so there are 2 division commanders if one is unavailable the 2nd may step up.

Your Corps commander may manage the troops as he sees fit.
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:37 am

I like this proposal very much.

-Neal

Mr. Digby wrote:Sunday looks like we could get 5 US vs 4 CS. Trouble is with only 3 CS infantry players the OOB limits us severely. It would be so much easier if the commands were made up of 2 brigade divisions and each player took one with the overall commander taking the artillery.

I think the US side will be having the same troubles. We almost need a separate OOB for each game because the limitation is the number of players who can turn up.

Like this:

CS side

Players:

1) Cav Brigade
3) Inf Div = Brigade, Brigade, Battery, Battery
4 C-in-C) Inf Div = Brigade, Brigade, Battery, Battery

etc

US side

Players:

1) Inf Div = Brigade, Brigade
3) Inf Div = Brigade, Brigade
4) Inf Div = Brigade, Brigade
5) C-in-C, Battery, Battery, Battery, Battery

etc
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  M.Jonah Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:40 am

Also a request was mentioned before about later battle times please add a doodle for a start time of 22:00GMT that is 5EST.
M.Jonah
M.Jonah

Back to top Go down

Post  M.Jonah Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:42 am

Also i edited the doodle Roberts is Union Very Happy
M.Jonah
M.Jonah

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:56 am

M.Jonah wrote:Also i edited the doodle Roberts is Union Very Happy

I am not able to add a new slot from where I am. Please feel free to do so, or to take a straw poll here.

N
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaugrana Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:16 am

Father General wrote:Based on the doodle results and feedback regarding scenario design, we will see the Battle of New Market on SUNDAY Oct 21 at 1600 GMT.
-Neal
The earliest option on the Doodle is 18.00. Is this what you meant?

Also, we are actually still on BST in the UK. This is one hour ahead of GMT. It is now, for example, 8.15 am. I hope this clarifies, rather than muddies, the time difference!

Jeff

Last edited by Blaugrana on Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:24 am; edited 4 times in total

Blaugrana

Back to top Go down

Post  M.Jonah Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:06 am

I was looking at later Jeff 22:00hrs GMT waiting for the account activation email so i can amend the current doodle and add the option for the later battle.
M.Jonah
M.Jonah

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaugrana Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:14 am

Thanks, Mark.

I didn't know we could get amend rights on the actual poll. Good to offer the later slot too. We can see how many of the Europeans are night-people.

Jeff

Blaugrana

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:00 pm

I can make a 22:00 UK start on Fridays and Saturdays. I agree we do need our polls to include these later start times.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Doodle link for Battle of New Market  - Page 2 Empty additional Doodle link

Post  M.Jonah Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:09 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I made a new doodle as it would appear i cannot amend Neal's hope this is ok for everyone i also set it to email all in the spreadsheets.

It would appear i do not seem to have the right link here follow the participate button in your email.
M.Jonah
M.Jonah

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:23 pm

The 22:00 and 23:00 times are so close as to be the same. I think each day needs only an early and a late time (19:30 and 22:00), Saturdays and Sundays could also use a 14:00 kind of time as that allows US players to play in the morning at weekends.

I can't post in your Doodle Mark. Something is broken about it.

I think, if we can get the OOB built in time, this Sunday at around 19:30 UK seems the best option, as 9 players can make that. You are never going to please all the people all the time and delaying that means we lose another week.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  M.Jonah Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:25 pm

you should be able to use the link in your mail Martin.

Also might be because i was in edit mode.

I made the 2 times at 22:00 and 23:00 to allow for the later timezones in America 10pm being 5pm EST it just allows a little more scope and a better feel for what people play i could put up a real early like the 14:00 but from past experience of games starting at that time namely BF2 tourney i was in the early start time there had had very few American participants but i will add it so we can get a feel. Very Happy

Added the 14:00 time slot Very Happy
M.Jonah
M.Jonah

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaugrana Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:31 pm

I am also in favour of going with it if we have 8 or 9 people.

The two equally popular options on Neal's doodle page are 18.00 and 19.00. I would suggest we go for the earlier start. If we meet at 18.00, we can have team briefings, late arrivals, etc etc and still get a game in before too late. It would give us most flexibility.

If, in the next few hours, there is a more popular slot on Mark's doodle page (with the earlier and later starts) then we could go with that, but I would like to get started. Very Happy

Regards,

Jeff

Blaugrana

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:42 pm

Ugh. Baldwin has changed his 'maybe' on Sunday to a 'no', meaning only 3 CS players are available which is too few, I think. 4 is the minimum which is what Cleburne, Stefan and I discussed a couple of nights ago.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaugrana Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:43 pm

Mr. Digby wrote:Ugh. Baldwin has changed his 'maybe' on Sunday to a 'no', meaning only 3 CS players are available which is too few, I think. 4 is the minimum which is what Cleburne, Stefan and I discussed a couple of nights ago.
Crying or Very sad
@ Neal - Would you playing for the confederacy be possible / desirable ? Do you know too much (edit: about this battle!)? More than Baldwin?

What do you and others think?

Jeff

Blaugrana

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:04 pm

We may have to look at an entirely different date and time.

Toss out some dates and times and I will create a new doodle. I prefer we resolve this tomorrow, but if we can't, we can't.

We'll just keep trying!

-Neal
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next