Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» SOW Scenario Generator
by glennthom Yesterday at 4:26 am

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

» Scourge of war Waterloo remastered on Steam
by Martin Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:41 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30496 messages in 2294 subjects

I forgot my password

Friday 14th (Today! not yesterday!)

+2
Mr. Digby
Cleburne
6 posters

Go down

Friday 14th (Today! not yesterday!) Empty Friday 14th (Today! not yesterday!)

Post  Cleburne Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:40 pm

Please excuse the double post gents.
The temporary mod managed to point me in the right direction and i think i now have it right.
Any chaps might be about this evening for a battle?
id be interested if so and should hope to be about from 7pm onwards (maybe slightly after).
And you all?

Also have now added the "fictional" Pipe creek map pack.I guess it cant do any harm Razz
Cleburne
Cleburne

Back to top Go down

Friday 14th (Today! not yesterday!) Empty Re: Friday 14th (Today! not yesterday!)

Post  Mr. Digby Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:03 pm

Its not fictional, its as real terrain as any other map we fight over - bar Alpine which actually *is* fictional!
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Friday 14th (Today! not yesterday!) Empty Re: Friday 14th (Today! not yesterday!)

Post  Cleburne Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:05 pm

Razz
might as well have a modder knock up a salisbury plain map for us then.Its equally as fictional as pipe creek correct?

jocolor
all joking aside tho Digby, i would agree that the pipe creek maps look useful for MP puropses and campaign solutions.
However id still call it a "fictional" map based purely on the fact that no ACW battle occured there.
It is good to have "other" options tho and i know some of you guys have had alot of use of the PC maps.
Cleburne
Cleburne

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:38 pm

The Alpine map is a real place in West Virginia. I used to live about 2 hours from there. I invented a few of the names on the map because there aren't enough historically named landforms and farms. Although the Knob of Ap is legitimate. The name Alpine, I believe came about, because all the team members were flatlanders so this map probably represents mountainous terrain in their horizontally oriented minds. Very Happy
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:55 pm

Cleburne wrote:might as well have a modder knock up a salisbury plain map for us then.Its equally as fictional as pipe creek correct?
Joking aside, I don't understand your issue about whether a map is fictional or not. The fact is ALL our battles are complete fiction, even those that happen to be fought over the area where Gettysburg or Antietam were fought. Even the MP Burnsides Bridge scenario we're playing this weekend. 100% fiction (after the first unit moves from its historical start point).

The presence of a representation of certain fields, hills and creeks where armies once fought doesn't make our MP games any more non-fictional than if we fight on the Pipe Creek maps. Its still a digital representation of a real place over which we fight completely fictional battles.

When we do a 'hunt them down' sandbox game on Fox's Gap, or a totally "silly" scenario using the Father General's dvision fought on Crampton's Gap, where is the historical element there? There's no difference to us using a map of Salisbury Plain Pipe Creek. Its exactly the same.

So your argument against using Pipe Creek maps is completely lost on me.

I apologise for the rant but you've used this argument for months to hold off buying Pipe Creek and there is no logic or sense in your argument at all.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Cleburne Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:02 pm

Youve lost me Digby really to be honest.i thought it was a little light fun.I guess to you its deeper and has hidden agendas.
Nothing in this for me so i apologise to rattle the cage any.
Very Happy
Cleburne
Cleburne

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:36 am

Mr. Digby wrote:a totally "silly" scenario using the Father General's dvision fought on Crampton's Gap

HERESY SIR!

Assemble the Division for Punishment to be immediately followed by a Fair Trial!

-FG
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:48 am

Very good FG Very Happy

I can see why your men follow you anywhere. They have no d*mn choice!

Martin

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Baldwin1 Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:40 pm

Cursing will get you twenty lashes! Laughing
Baldwin1
Baldwin1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down