Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:24 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

» Scourge of war Waterloo remastered on Steam
by Martin Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:41 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30495 messages in 2294 subjects

I forgot my password

Hello from the US(Texas, to be exact)

4 posters

Go down

Hello from the US(Texas, to be exact) Empty Hello from the US(Texas, to be exact)

Post  ThatOtherGuy Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:08 am

I recently purchased SOW, discovered HITS, and was promptly pointed towards this place. If I ever figure out how to connect to more than a 1v1 game(keep failing at it with the SOWMP guys) I would love to battle it out with you folks who play SOW. I discovered HITS is my thing and playing any other way feels like I'm cheating so this seems like a good fit for a challenge.

On a side note - I'm completely jealous of those of you that get to play boardgames. Those are types of games I have wanted to play since I was a kid but nobody I knew was ever interested. Even now all of my friends would rather play first person shooters or mainstream strategy PC games like Age of Empires. The closest I've been is desperately trying to convince my girlfriend to play Axis and Allies with me and that failed pretty badly.

ThatOtherGuy

Back to top Go down

Hello from the US(Texas, to be exact) Empty Re: Hello from the US(Texas, to be exact)

Post  Mr. Digby Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:31 pm

Hi O.G.

Welcome to the forum!

We tend to go by first names around here as we like to keep it a friendly place.

Saw your posts on the NSD forums where I go by the name of Saddletank. From what I saw on there, it looks like you had a mod enabled that clashed with the GCM mod.

If you would like to join us, our Teamspeak Server details are given down the forum in the "PC-Based Kriegspiels" section (note: this site covers mostly face-to-face kriegspiels and the Scourge of War area is just one tiny section of the site). But log on to the Teamspeak server and someone there will get you hooked up and into a game. We just need to send you by e-mail the latest version of marching Thru Georgia's Couriers & Maps Mod which is constantly in development and the version we are currently using is not available anywhere except by direct e-mail.

TS Server info:

https://kriegsspiel.forumotion.net/t269-hits-couriers-teamspeak-server-information

I can send you a copy for example and it will enable the new Seccessionville Map to be playable as well.

We use all the maps including Pipe Creek and Antietam and the Couriers & Maps mod includes numerous road error fixes for those maps which even NSD haven't discovered yet (we use a lot of pre-battle road marching in our sandbox games hence we have discovered an dfixed numerous map errors in the road networks that NSD and the GCM guys haven't).

We tend to be online at 19:30h UK time which is six hours ahead of you I think. But games can run on very late into the night from the point of view of us Brits so there will also be evening games USA time - we have a couple of people down your way in Texas. At the weekends I also stay up late (my time) to get in games in the evening (your time).

We hope to bump into you online soon!

Cheers
Martin
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Hello from the US(Texas, to be exact) Empty Re: Hello from the US(Texas, to be exact)

Post  ThatOtherGuy Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:47 pm

I noticed the first name thing while lurking here, I just forgot to introduce myself properly. Name is Jonathon, but you can call me Jon.

And yeah I noticed it was mostly a place for face-to-face games but I wasn't quite sure how to inject myself into the SOW community here.

Anyway, like I said on the NSD forums I've got a busy week ahead of me, so hopefully in a few days I can get all set up and ready to go.

Thanks
Jon

ThatOtherGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:03 pm

Hmm, another Texan. I may have to take a stroll down there with an army group some day. Smile There are several other Texans in the group, as Martin has said, all very good players. Welcome to the forum and hope to see you on the battlefield soon.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  ThatOtherGuy Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:16 am

Technically a transplanted Louisianian living in Texas!

I've grown accustomed to coddling my Louisiana brigades in my games. I can't bear to send my beloved video game ancestors into a meat grinder.

ThatOtherGuy

Back to top Go down

Post  Leffe7 Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:33 am

Hi Jon and welcome to the group.
If you want to play boardgames and have no one around, there are also possibilities online.

http://www.brettspielwelt.de/
Has lots of games, is easy-to-use, but no "wargames".

http://www.vassalengine.org/
Has a lot of modules to play wargames online. I haven't played this much, I think in some games you need to have the actual boardgame.
Leffe7
Leffe7

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum