Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:24 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

» Scourge of war Waterloo remastered on Steam
by Martin Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:41 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30495 messages in 2294 subjects

I forgot my password

Teamspeak - whisper keys

5 posters

Go down

Teamspeak - whisper keys Empty Teamspeak - whisper keys

Post  Blaugrana Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:31 pm

Hi,

Here's the beginnings of an explanation of how to set up Whisper hot keys in Teamspeak. The idea is that players can use full screen & all stay in the same TS channel for open conversations, and use 'whispering' to communicate with their whole side during the initial briefing and with commanders they meet on the battlefield.

Before battle commences, each player needs to set up one hot key for each player they might want to communicate with. This can be done by setting up a 1-member whisper list for each player, assigning it a hot key & re-naming the list with the name of the player it represents.

When you've done that, jot down on a piece of paper the hotkeys and who they each represent, as you won't have access to TS during the game!

First, open up Teamspeak and connect to Ike's server. Then go to Settings and then Options:
Teamspeak - whisper keys Whispe17

Click on 'Whisper' on left (sorry-didn't circle this), then untick the circled box, then click on 'Whisper Lists':
Teamspeak - whisper keys Whispe20

Click on the Server (I've named it Ike's server) and 'Clients' to show a list of the people on the server at the time (I'm afraid in my screenshot that's just me - you need to do it when people are online). Then click on 'New' to create a new Whisper List.
Teamspeak - whisper keys Whispe21
For each Whisper List, assign a hot key (that is NOT already assigned to something in TS or SoWG) and then add one of your 'clients' (ie, fellow players) as the only member of that list.

I hope this helps, although having now managed it, I think it's probably easiest to talk it through on TS! Thanks to Steafan for advice on how to use the hosting thing. It does work, but I'm not promising I will remember how.

Last edited by Blaugrana on Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:20 pm; edited 14 times in total

Blaugrana

Back to top Go down

Teamspeak - whisper keys Empty Whisper Keys

Post  WSH Baylor Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:38 pm

We just found out, via JJ Gordon, that the NumPad keys should not be used as they will crash the game when used. Suggest using the number keys at the top of the keyboard.

J
WSH Baylor
WSH Baylor

Back to top Go down

Teamspeak - whisper keys Empty Re: Teamspeak - whisper keys

Post  Mr. Digby Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:32 pm

Can you be more specific Jack? Several of us used the numpad keys without problems yesterday. How does this crash the game exactly?
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  King_Rufus Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:11 am

Jeff, the ‘host an image’ function which was once associated with the forum no longer functions, presumably because the sub once nobly paid on our behalf by RM the previous webmaster is no longer paid. Instead, you must post the graphic elsewhere on the internet, and then post to the forum the specific URL of that graphic (there is a toolbar icon on here for doing so - called 'Image' I think), which will bring it up visible in your post. You will find free hosting of graphics at Homestead.com and numerous other places.
King_Rufus
King_Rufus

http://www.kriegsspiel.homestead.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaugrana Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:40 pm

King_Rufus wrote:Jeff, the ‘host an image’ function which was once associated with the forum no longer functions, presumably because the sub once nobly paid on our behalf by RM the previous webmaster is no longer paid. Instead, you must post the graphic elsewhere on the internet, and then post to the forum the specific URL of that graphic (there is a toolbar icon on here for doing so - called 'Image' I think), which will bring it up visible in your post. You will find free hosting of graphics at Homestead.com and numerous other places.
Thanks very much. I was trying the 'host an image' button (and seem to have opened an account with servimg.com as a result) but not getting any further. I'll explore the graphics hosting services you mention. Having said that, my editing of screenshots, using a paint program I downloaded for the purpose, was pretty shoddy. It may be just as easy to share info on TS...

Blaugrana

Back to top Go down

Post  Leffe7 Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:46 pm

yes, this servimg.com thing does work.
Click host an image, upload your image. then you get a http link. Copy this link.
Click "Image" and enter the http link from before.
Copy/Paste the resulting link from the bottom of your message to where it should be.
Leffe7
Leffe7

Back to top Go down

Post  WSH Baylor Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:54 pm

Mr. Digby wrote:Can you be more specific Jack? Several of us used the numpad keys without problems yesterday. How does this crash the game exactly?

Since some of the numbers on the keypad are tied to certain functions (such as "Advance to Cover") causes conflicts within the game. I think that MTC has an explanation in a thread; remember, I am computer illiterate.

J
WSH Baylor
WSH Baylor

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:33 pm

Ah, yes, thanks Jack, I saw that. I have edited my keyboard.csv file to disable the numpad keys. Never use them anyway.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down