Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» SOW Scenario Generator
by glennthom Yesterday at 4:26 am

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

» Scourge of war Waterloo remastered on Steam
by Martin Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:41 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30496 messages in 2294 subjects

I forgot my password

New to SOWW and to KS mod. Few questions as well

2 posters

Go down

New to SOWW and to KS mod. Few questions as well  Empty New to SOWW and to KS mod. Few questions as well

Post  camrik Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:04 am

Hello,

I'm from Canada, been playing wargames for a long time and I love the Napoleon era. That said, maybe someone can help me, cause I just bought SOW: Waterloo and I am learning how to play it before trying the KS mod, but I have a few questions that someone here might be able to answer:

1- I bought the game from Steam and in game, when I go to the multiplayer section of the game, it says that I have version 1.0106. But apparently, I need version 1.03 to play the KS mod. Why hasn't steam updated my game to the latest version and where can I find this version 1.03? (Already tried the Matrix site but the link to the pacth for version 1.03 doesn't work anymore Crying or Very sad ).

2- I used to play WNLB and ANGV from Breakaway and while there were many flaws, the game was easy enough to play. So far, SOW: Waterloo isn't bad except for one thing that irritites me a bit: it is extremely difficult to charge and engage another unit (infantry and artillery, I can understand cavalry is not that easy to catch). Even with cavalry, infantry is tough to engage. I move my cavalry on top of it basically and sometimes I get the charge order, but most of the time I dont. Is there something that I am missing here?

Thanks in advance.

camrik

Back to top Go down

New to SOWW and to KS mod. Few questions as well  Empty Re: New to SOWW and to KS mod. Few questions as well

Post  camrik Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:12 am

Alright, I found the answer to my first question, I do have the right version. Now I need to learn how to make my cavalry charge and I can conquer the world....!

camrik

Back to top Go down

New to SOWW and to KS mod. Few questions as well  Empty Re: New to SOWW and to KS mod. Few questions as well

Post  Uncle Billy Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:21 am

Welcome to the forum.
As you've found, cavalry behavior in the stock game is not the best. It's behavior with the KS mod is much better. Still, there are a few things you can try. Make sure there is an unimpeded path between the cavalry and target. Make sure the cavalry is not fatigued and has good morale. Make sure the cavalry is within 100 yd. before pressing the charge button.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  camrik Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:06 pm

I'll try that, thanks.

How do you know the distance between the target and the cavalry unit? And it is worth mentionning that I was able to charge several times with infantry last night while trying different things. I was surprised though, that it is seemingly easier to charge when in line formation than when in column division. Isn't that strange?

camrik

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:09 pm

In the options menu you can check the show target list box. That will display the name of the target and its distance from the cav. unit.

I was surprised though, that it is seemingly easier to charge when in line formation than when in column division. Isn't that strange?
Not really. SOWWL was largely a re-skinning of SOWGB. Civil war units marched and fought in line formation. They were a throw back to the mid 18th century style of warfare.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down