Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:24 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

» Scourge of war Waterloo remastered on Steam
by Martin Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:41 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30495 messages in 2294 subjects

I forgot my password

One more KS Mod question, please, Re: The Sandbox Campaign two-corps limit.

3 posters

Go down

One more KS Mod question, please, Re: The Sandbox Campaign two-corps limit. Empty One more KS Mod question, please, Re: The Sandbox Campaign two-corps limit.

Post  Jean Lafitte Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:02 am

First I apologize if this is the wrong place to put forth these questions.

I'm quite sure that I have the KS Mod correctly installed, which is a big thrill for me. It is thrilling to see the battalions execute the same maneuvers and formations discussed in the book "Imperial Bayonets". I've been waiting to see this in a computer game for a long time, and the KS Mod brings it to fruition.

The Grog Toolbar does not function with the KS Mod, correct? The Instructions for installing the Mod says that all other Mods must be unchecked, except for the three KS Mods.

With regard to the Sandbox Campaign, I seem to have a two-corps limit on all Campaigns. The stock game contains this limit, correct? The KS Mod must also function within the confines of this limit when playing the Sandbox Campaign with KS Mod activated, correct?

If there's some way to open up the Sandbox Campaign to play with whole armies, could someone direct me to the files that I need?

Thanks very much.
Jean Lafitte
Jean Lafitte

Back to top Go down

One more KS Mod question, please, Re: The Sandbox Campaign two-corps limit. Empty Re: One more KS Mod question, please, Re: The Sandbox Campaign two-corps limit.

Post  Mr. Digby Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:16 am

Hello again Jean.

You are in the right place to ask any questions. No need to apologise. This general SoW forum is where we answer all tech questions.

Correct, you do not need the Grog toolbar installed. All the features of the Grog toolbar that we feel are appropriate to our more historical and increased fog-of-war playing preferences and many more are already in the KS Mod.

As far as I know you are correct, the sandbox campaign will only allow a 2-corps per side maximum army size. There is a full army mod in the stock game however so its possible to alter this limit. We have given no support at all yet to sandbox campaign play but we may do so in the future once we are happy the mod is pretty much finished and can look at this limit then. We are currently working on including a number of new scenarios with the next release and may look at the SB campaign after that. In the interim it would be easy to make up some very huge non-historical corps to use in the campaign which would give you many more divisions if that is a help.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

One more KS Mod question, please, Re: The Sandbox Campaign two-corps limit. Empty Re: One more KS Mod question, please, Re: The Sandbox Campaign two-corps limit.

Post  Uncle Billy Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:29 pm

Although I have not looked at the campaign code in any depth, the 2 corps limit may be set in a piece of the code we do not have access to. Martin's suggestion of making the corps really large may be the best and only solution to this limitation.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

One more KS Mod question, please, Re: The Sandbox Campaign two-corps limit. Empty Thanks for the prompt assistance.

Post  Jean Lafitte Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:26 pm

My real surname name is "Champagne", and that's my name on the Matrix board. I will ask there about the two corps limit on the sandbox campaign -- it might be hard-coded into the game. I try to keep up with this board, Matrix and Norb's board. I am an original customer of Norb's since his First Bull Run game, but, I've always preferred Napoleonics.

Thanks for the help !
Jean Lafitte
Jean Lafitte

Back to top Go down

One more KS Mod question, please, Re: The Sandbox Campaign two-corps limit. Empty Fiddling with the Full French Mod

Post  Jean Lafitte Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:07 pm

I'll pass along some discoveries in an attempt to add value to my thread. In order to get the whole French Army to include the forces that fought at Wavre into a Sandbox Campaign, one must select the very top block of the menu -- it's the one just above "Napoleon Emperor . . .". This will launch with the KS Mod activated, but, I have not played long enough to judge its compatibility with the KS Mod.
Jean Lafitte
Jean Lafitte

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:13 pm

I merged this topic with your previous one Jean so that SB campaign discussion can be kept in one thread. I hope you are not offended by me tidying up!

Is that the option that uses the stock OOBs? If so you may get a curious mix of KS Mod and stock behaviour in the game due to the different way our OOBs are constructed. I have played several SB campaigns (the most fun was when commanding the 1807 Russians) but as you say the 2 corps limit is always there if you want the full KS Mod experience. Annoyingly with a 1 corps-a-side game the AI frequently chooses a cavalry corps and that is just a waste of time.

I use this same username on the Matrix forums but go by the name of Saddletank on the NSD forum.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down