Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:24 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

» Scourge of war Waterloo remastered on Steam
by Martin Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:41 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30495 messages in 2294 subjects

I forgot my password

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style

+71
thilio
Saucier
specialzendos
Den31sev
Tom9
bewhite
gort
saintsup
HouseoftheHoly
Aurph
dran-yam-nai
Boche
manosteele117
fwhite1221
DumpTruck
Sebadov
donkeycods
Deusvult
vossiewulf
Vincent6691
Pop1
USSR-81
camrik
parmenio
gehrig38
Tactical Wargamer
76mm
Hannibal
Mark87
Zebedee
risorgimento59
justin23
DarkRob
xiyunhong
Didz
Jess
xray
Miko77
chrisreb
rschilla
Wenzel
Viking42
wokajimbo
HUSSARD BLANC
roy64
Charmead
Mr. Sir Signor Monsieur
zu Pferd
mogami
tim4465
Le'Poppa
CaptainAndrew
[4US] Lotus
DylanL
Captal
pancerni
Martin
Sacrebleu
gradkinz
cyrano
johnorei
Volunteer
Skyhigh
Morealive
Leffe7
Iberalc
Grog
Lancier
Robert M
Mr. Digby
Uncle Billy
75 posters

Page 16 of 24 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 24  Next

Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 16 Empty Re: Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style

Post  Didz Fri May 11, 2018 12:21 pm

Ok! Well let me know when you change the instructions and I'll update my steam guide to match.
Didz
Didz

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 16 Empty Re: Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style

Post  76mm Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:28 am

Hi, I just picked up this game and am eager to try the KS mod.  Unfortunately, I'm having quite a hard time just unpacking the z7 files; the map  files unpacked OK, but the others seem to take hours and then hang/crash.  I've tried unpacking with WinOpener and 7Z Opener--is there a better way to go about this?

[EDIT] Nevermind, unpacked them with the 7-zip program (I can't post a link) and it only took a few minutes....

76mm

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:16 am

Hi and welcome to the zany world of the KS Mod where the AI is smarter than you... Yep, 7-zip is pretty much the best tool for opening .7z files, as you've discovered.

What timezone are you in? We always welcome new players to our regular MP games which take place on Fridays, Sundays and Wednesdays at 19:00 GMT. Don't worry if you think you are not an expert, playing MP is the best way to learn.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  76mm Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:22 pm

I'm East Coast US. I might be up for a game soon, but at the moment I'm completely lost...still trying to figure out how to get units to move, etc.  I've watched several of DarkRob's videos but it looks like I need a refresher!

76mm

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 16 Empty Steam

Post  Tactical Wargamer Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:36 pm

I take it I just can't D/L everything via the workshop on steam? Very Happy
Tactical Wargamer
Tactical Wargamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:02 am

That's correct, you can only get the mod here.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 16 Empty Hey guys

Post  gehrig38 Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:05 am

Where can I find your gaming schedule? I know you guys play more than once a week and I would love to try and get in. I am in Boston, so EST.
gehrig38
gehrig38

http://www.38pitches.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:50 am

I answered your other post with that info before I saw this one.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmead Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:31 pm

Always jumping the gun
Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 16 Empty Mod installation

Post  Tactical Wargamer Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:36 pm

Hey, guys is there a link for how to install the MOd's.Have them all downloaded but we are trying to figure out where they all go. Have it linked with Steam.
Thanks
Tactical Wargamer
Tactical Wargamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:30 am

Each of the necessary 3 mods comes as a separate archive to download. Once you have them on your PC, navigate to where they are in Windows Explorer and double click the icons to open them. Winzip may be sufficient or you may need Winrar.

Then extract the contents of each archive directly into the Mods folder of Scourge of War - Waterloo. If you don't yet have a Mods folder, create one and unpack the archived files into it. You should end up with a directory that looks like this:

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 16 KS

Make sure your mod folders are named EXACTLY like that and also make sure that after you unpacked the mods from the archive there is NOT a second level of folders with the same names! This is an issue with Winzip and Winrar and can happen when you select the "extract to" option. If you just drag and drop the files across you won't get this problem.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  gehrig38 Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:34 am

Have you guys tried any scenarios that crash due to a missing map?
gehrig38
gehrig38

http://www.38pitches.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:19 am

No, which one are you having problems with? It's possible you are trying to use one which requires a map from SOWGB. The scenario description will tell you if that's the case.

If so, here is what to do.
1. In the Mods folder of SOWWL create a folder called SOWGB lsl Files.
2. Inside that folder create another folder named Maps.
3.Now open up your Scourge of War Gettysburg folder. Then open the folder named Base. Then open the folder named Maps.
4. Copy all the files you see there with the extension lsl to the SOWWL\Mods\SOWGB lsl FIles\Maps folder.
5. Start SOWWL and select that mod to be active.
If you have all the DLCs for SOWGB, the scenario should run.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Tactical Wargamer Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:52 pm

Thank you Sir
Tactical Wargamer
Tactical Wargamer

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 16 Empty Link to the SOW Replay Viewer...

Post  parmenio Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:23 am

Just a "by the way" post as I haven't been on for a loooong while but the link in Post 1 is dead:

It should be:

https://kriegsspiel.forumotion.net/t1282-sow-replay-viewer

parmenio

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:11 pm

Thanks. It's fixed now.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  camrik Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:00 pm

Heya,

I played all scenarios of the standard SOWWL game (with Grog expanded toolbar). I am now ready to try the KS mod. So I read all 16 pages of this thread and I downloaded and installed all three mods required (well, at least I think I did!). I checked the three mods and restarted the game.

Then I launched the game again and played a scenario (Ligny's attack by the french guard) from the user's scenarios. Somehow, I dont think I'm playing the KS mod at all. The artillery seems less powerful and I did not notice or feel anything special.

Is there a way to confirm that I'm playing the KS mod?

Thanks in advance.

camrik

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:55 pm

You can't play the stock scenarios without a little work.
In the mods folder, create a folder named Stock Scenarios.
Inside that create another folder named scenarios.
Go to the DLC folder and then to the Ligny folder and then to the scenarios folder.
Copy all the scenario folders in there to the scenarios folder you just created.
Rename the scenario folders from LG01..., LG02..,etc to KSLG01..., KSLG02..., etc.
Start the game, go to the mods screen and select the Stock Scenarios mod.
Then go to the User Scenarios screen and select on of the renamed scenarios. You should see the KS mod screens and toolbar.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  camrik Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:25 am

It was something else actually, I did not even see the KS scenarios. But I solved my problem.

I have two other questions however: when I pick a scenario, I dont see any description of it. Is that normal? And if I pick KS Autrian #1, for instance, I should play on the austrian side right?

Thanks again.

P.S. Alright, I answered both of my questions above I believe. The description of a scenario can be found in the folder of that scenario, along with the OOB, the map and the starting location of the army. But should all of this appear in game? In other words, is there something wrong with my install?

And of course, another question came up Very Happy . Why cant I see any building in the scenario (KS Austrian2)? I see some 'squares of rocks' which I believe should be buildings but it looks more like the remnants of them. Again, is there something wrong with my install?

P.P.S. I checked with some other scenarios and I could see every buildings. The problem seems to be with that first map on which is played KS Austrian1 and KS Austrian2 - maybe more, I haven't had time to check them all. So is it with this map only or with other maps as well?

camrik

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:32 pm

Hi Camrik and welcome to the forums. Might you be interested in joining us for an MP game some time?

SoWWL has no function to display a map in a briefing, so the KS scenarios are an improvement on the base game in that respect. The scenario description as well as being in the KS scenario folder also displays in the upper right panel of the 'choose commander' screen. The OOB also shows in the lower right panel of that screen but again the KS mod carries a full OOB in the scenario folder so a player can learn more about his forces. Yes, when a KS scenario lists a nationality in the scenario name, that is the side the player should command, or take a command in.

Some of our maps do not yet have any buildings. These were imported from a mod for SoW:Gettysburg and were generated by a guy who was very active in the SoW community several years ago. We imported them and gave them jpeg maps with European names. It is our intention to populate these fictional maps with buildings in due course but its a slow task. You will see that the stone enclosures give a terrain protection of 'buildings' when you place the flag of a unit in them and at the moment on these maps this is the only defensive function of these "towns".
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  camrik Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:44 pm

Thank you for the quick answer! I need to get some more practice before I join you online. Do you play from the saddle when you play mp? I haven't tried it yet.

camrik

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:45 pm

Yes we do, and everyone says the same as you, but we are very non-competitive and we all lose vs the AI frequently so your best place to get practice in is to join us and take a small command to begin with - an infantry brigade of about 4 battalions is a frequent starting point. You certainly won't get belittled at all for getting your command destroyed since that happens to us veterans quite a bit and we've been playing since SOWWL came out, plus about 4 years of the Nap Mod for Gettysburg prior to that.

As we have gained experience Kevin has engineered the AI to get more cunning and ruthless. Plus he is a sadist when it comes to writing scenarios.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:28 pm

Plus he is a sadist when it comes to writing scenarios.
A complete exaggeration, don't believe a word of it. Most scenarios are akin to a leisurely walk in the park. Twisted Evil
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  camrik Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:58 pm

And yet another question!

Is there a way in game to know which kind of cavalry you are commanding, i.e. light, lanciers, heavy, medium, etc.?

Thanks again!

camrik

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:10 am

In game, light cavalry are hussars, chasseurs, cheval legere, light dragoons, Cossacks. Medium cavalry is usually dragoons. Heavy cavalry are cuirassiers, grenadiers a cheval, life guard. Any heavy cavalry will not have the scout button present on the orders tab.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 24 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 24  Next