Statistics
We have 1062 registered users
The newest registered user is KingPfaff6

Our users have posted a total of 26384 messages in 2067 subjects

I forgot my password

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 16 Empty Re: Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style

Post  Didz on Fri May 11, 2018 12:21 pm

Ok! Well let me know when you change the instructions and I'll update my steam guide to match.
Didz
Didz

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 16 Empty Re: Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style

Post  76mm on Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:28 am

Hi, I just picked up this game and am eager to try the KS mod.  Unfortunately, I'm having quite a hard time just unpacking the z7 files; the map  files unpacked OK, but the others seem to take hours and then hang/crash.  I've tried unpacking with WinOpener and 7Z Opener--is there a better way to go about this?

[EDIT] Nevermind, unpacked them with the 7-zip program (I can't post a link) and it only took a few minutes....

76mm

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby on Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:16 am

Hi and welcome to the zany world of the KS Mod where the AI is smarter than you... Yep, 7-zip is pretty much the best tool for opening .7z files, as you've discovered.

What timezone are you in? We always welcome new players to our regular MP games which take place on Fridays, Sundays and Wednesdays at 19:00 GMT. Don't worry if you think you are not an expert, playing MP is the best way to learn.

"Any hussar who has not got himself killed by the age of 30 is a jackass." - Antoine Charles Louis Lasalle, commander of Napoleon's light cavalry, killed in battle at Wagram 6 July 1809, aged 34.

"I had forgotten there was an objective." - Generallieutenant Mikhail Borozdin I
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  76mm on Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:22 pm

I'm East Coast US. I might be up for a game soon, but at the moment I'm completely lost...still trying to figure out how to get units to move, etc.  I've watched several of DarkRob's videos but it looks like I need a refresher!

76mm

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 16 Empty Steam

Post  Tactical Wargamer on Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:36 pm

I take it I just can't D/L everything via the workshop on steam? Very Happy

Tactical Wargamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy on Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:02 am

That's correct, you can only get the mod here.

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 16 Empty Hey guys

Post  gehrig38 on Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:05 am

Where can I find your gaming schedule? I know you guys play more than once a week and I would love to try and get in. I am in Boston, so EST.
gehrig38
gehrig38

http://www.38pitches.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby on Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:50 am

I answered your other post with that info before I saw this one.

"Any hussar who has not got himself killed by the age of 30 is a jackass." - Antoine Charles Louis Lasalle, commander of Napoleon's light cavalry, killed in battle at Wagram 6 July 1809, aged 34.

"I had forgotten there was an objective." - Generallieutenant Mikhail Borozdin I
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmead on Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:31 pm

Always jumping the gun
Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 16 Empty Mod installation

Post  Tactical Wargamer on Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:36 pm

Hey, guys is there a link for how to install the MOd's.Have them all downloaded but we are trying to figure out where they all go. Have it linked with Steam.
Thanks

Tactical Wargamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby on Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:30 am

Each of the necessary 3 mods comes as a separate archive to download. Once you have them on your PC, navigate to where they are in Windows Explorer and double click the icons to open them. Winzip may be sufficient or you may need Winrar.

Then extract the contents of each archive directly into the Mods folder of Scourge of War - Waterloo. If you don't yet have a Mods folder, create one and unpack the archived files into it. You should end up with a directory that looks like this:

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 16 KS

Make sure your mod folders are named EXACTLY like that and also make sure that after you unpacked the mods from the archive there is NOT a second level of folders with the same names! This is an issue with Winzip and Winrar and can happen when you select the "extract to" option. If you just drag and drop the files across you won't get this problem.

Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  gehrig38 on Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:34 am

Have you guys tried any scenarios that crash due to a missing map?
gehrig38
gehrig38

http://www.38pitches.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy on Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:19 am

No, which one are you having problems with? It's possible you are trying to use one which requires a map from SOWGB. The scenario description will tell you if that's the case.

If so, here is what to do.
1. In the Mods folder of SOWWL create a folder called SOWGB lsl Files.
2. Inside that folder create another folder named Maps.
3.Now open up your Scourge of War Gettysburg folder. Then open the folder named Base. Then open the folder named Maps.
4. Copy all the files you see there with the extension lsl to the SOWWL\Mods\SOWGB lsl FIles\Maps folder.
5. Start SOWWL and select that mod to be active.
If you have all the DLCs for SOWGB, the scenario should run.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tactical Wargamer on Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:52 pm

Thank you Sir

Tactical Wargamer

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 16 Empty Link to the SOW Replay Viewer...

Post  parmenio on Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:23 am

Just a "by the way" post as I haven't been on for a loooong while but the link in Post 1 is dead:

It should be:

http://kriegsspiel.forumotion.net/t1282-sow-replay-viewer

parmenio

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy on Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:11 pm

Thanks. It's fixed now.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16