Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:24 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

» Scourge of war Waterloo remastered on Steam
by Martin Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:41 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30495 messages in 2294 subjects

I forgot my password

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style

+71
thilio
Saucier
specialzendos
Den31sev
Tom9
bewhite
gort
saintsup
HouseoftheHoly
Aurph
dran-yam-nai
Boche
manosteele117
fwhite1221
DumpTruck
Sebadov
donkeycods
Deusvult
vossiewulf
Vincent6691
Pop1
USSR-81
camrik
parmenio
gehrig38
Tactical Wargamer
76mm
Hannibal
Mark87
Zebedee
risorgimento59
justin23
DarkRob
xiyunhong
Didz
Jess
xray
Miko77
chrisreb
rschilla
Wenzel
Viking42
wokajimbo
HUSSARD BLANC
roy64
Charmead
Mr. Sir Signor Monsieur
zu Pferd
mogami
tim4465
Le'Poppa
CaptainAndrew
[4US] Lotus
DylanL
Captal
pancerni
Martin
Sacrebleu
gradkinz
cyrano
johnorei
Volunteer
Skyhigh
Morealive
Leffe7
Iberalc
Grog
Lancier
Robert M
Mr. Digby
Uncle Billy
75 posters

Page 8 of 24 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 24  Next

Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 8 Empty Re: Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style

Post  Uncle Billy Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:40 pm

First, welcome to the forum.

You cannot use the grog toolbar with the KS mod. It will cause the game to crash. Do you have any other mods selected?
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 8 Empty Re: Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style

Post  Viking42 Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:45 am

Hi,

No other mods selected at all
only the three KS mods, also having added the GB lsl Files folder, but not activated it as mod ingame
I did erase all the mods, reinstalled them,
reactivated them and restarted, still the same kind of issues in "waterloo battles" with the column order creating a BTW
but apparently not in "sandbox"

Viking42

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:30 pm

The mod won't work with the stock scenarios. If you want to play them, you must download the SDK from the NSD forum. Inside, you will find a folder named Scenarios. This has a copy of all the stock battles. Create a folder inside your Mods folder. Name it Stock Scenarios. Now drag the Scenarios folder from the SDK into your newly created folder. Open the game and activate your new mod. You will find the stock battles on the User Scenarios screen.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Viking42 Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:47 pm

Thanks,

So sandbox and users scenarios only?
How about the sandbox campaign, will it work?
waht would be the best map and full oob combination to get the best and biggest waterloo experience?

Viking42

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:44 am

I believe the campaign will work with the KS mod.

For the best experience, use a maximum of 3 or 4 divisions per side. I'd recommend these all be in a single corps. Although you can use larger numbers of men, SOW is really designed for corps level play.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:12 am

I have tested the campaign and it works with all the KS OOBs. You can play 1812 French vs Russians, 1809 Fr vs Austrians, Peninsular, 1806 Prussians, etc, etc.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 8 Empty Troubles getting the mod to work

Post  Wenzel Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:35 pm

Dear generals!

I'm very interested in this very promising mod, but I'm having troubles to get it to work. Any kind of hint or helping hand would be very appreciated!

So, I've updated my SoWWL to version 1.01 and I've unpacked the three mods to the SoWWL mods folder. Also, I've set up everything so that the mod files are contained directly in the respective mod folders. And I've added the Gettysbourgh maps. And I've activated all mods and restarted the game. This is the structure of my mods-folder (I've deleted all other mods):

GB Isl Files
-----/Maps: contains all the Gettysbourgh map-isl files

KS Napoleon Mod II 122
----/Graphics, Layout, Logistics, Maps, Modules, OOBs, Scenarios, Sounds, EnglishModIntro.txt

KS SOW Supplemental Maps114
----/Graphics, Logistics, Maps, Sounds, Text, EnglishModIntro.txt

KSSpritesMod 103
----/Graphics, EnglishModIntro.txt

However, everytime I try to start a SP-sandbox game (using a KS-OOB and a map that contains a country-name) the game crashes while loading graphics. I've tried out different maps and different OOBs, but the result is always the same.

Here is what the log says - not very informative, I'm afraid...:

Game Launched
15:18:13 Version:SOWWL
15:18:18 Mod: D:\SCOURGEOFWAR_WATERLOO\Mods\KS Napoleon Mod II 122
15:18:18 Mod: D:\SCOURGEOFWAR_WATERLOO\Mods\KS SOW Supplemental Maps114
15:18:18 Mod: D:\SCOURGEOFWAR_WATERLOO\Mods\KSSpritesMod 103
15:18:18 Mod: D:\SCOURGEOFWAR_WATERLOO\Mods\GB lsl Files
15:18:18 Ansi:16, TexH:16384, TexW:16384
15:18:18 SowWL Loaded
15:18:18 15:18:18
15:18:37 Mod: D:\SCOURGEOFWAR_WATERLOO\Mods\KS Napoleon Mod II 122
15:18:37 Mod: D:\SCOURGEOFWAR_WATERLOO\Mods\KS SOW Supplemental Maps114
15:18:37 Mod: D:\SCOURGEOFWAR_WATERLOO\Mods\KSSpritesMod 103
15:18:37 Mod: D:\SCOURGEOFWAR_WATERLOO\Mods\GB lsl Files
15:18:37 Loading SandBox
15:18:37 Load your muskets...
15:18:37 15:18:37
15:18:37 Loading SandBox
15:18:37 Loading Map (Nap_Aus_CVEast)
08:00:00 Loading Graphics

Wenzel

Back to top Go down

Post  Grog Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:27 pm

Some of the maps require you to already own SOW Gettysburg and/ or Chancelorsville and some of the other extensions/maps.
Hope this helps
mike
Grog
Grog

Back to top Go down

Post  Wenzel Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:42 pm

Thanks for your reply, Grog/Mike!
I own both Gettysbourgh and the Chancellorsville expansion and I've copied over the isl files to GB Isl Files/Maps.
I will go for a complete, clean reinstall.

Wenzel

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:44 pm

I don't know if it is significant but your post refers to GB isl files while the gamelog refers to GB lsl files. A different spelling.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Wenzel Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:04 pm

Problem solved! With a clean reinstall, everything works fine. Looking forward to collecting my first experience as a brigadier. Smile

Wenzel

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:02 pm

Glad to hear you are up and running. We welcome any comments on how you think things can be improved.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  rschilla Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:26 pm

Minor question - at times when I start a French unit on the march the band strikes up "The British Grenadiers." Is that indicative of a problem somewhere or is it one of those things that no one worried about?

rschilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:34 pm

That sounds like a problem. Can you say what OOB and unit it is?

Is it a sandbox scenario or one of the battle scenarios included with the mod?
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  rschilla Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:32 pm

It's the Ligny French Army level scenario played through KS.

rschilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:35 pm

Which unit(s) play the wrong music? It could be a march sound assignment issue.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  rschilla Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:41 pm

I'm pretty sure it was the infantry in Girard's division of Vandamme's corps.

I'll fire it up again and double check.

rschilla

Back to top Go down

Post  rschilla Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:35 pm

Okay - so here's the report.

I gave De Villiers Brigade of Girard's Division a march order and they took off to the tune of the British Grenadiers. Next, I sent Piat's Brigade on a parallel path and they too had The British Grenadiers.

Next I switched to Berthezene's Brigade opposite St Amand and started them forward to the rather traditional French fife and drum music.

I then went to Rome's Brigade [Gerard's Corps] opposite Ligny and sent them forward to the same tune as Berthezene.

Lastly, I went to Petit's Bde of the IG and sent them forward and they just had drums beating.

It seems the problem is with Girard's division.

I thought about it for a moment and then went back to De Villier's bde, still moving forward to the British Grenadiers and gave them an order from the command menu to change to Brigade Assault. The music switched to the Consular March from, I guess, Bondarchuk's Waterloo.

P.s. the Brigade Assault and L'Ordre Mixte formations are a brilliant addition!

rschilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:09 am

I don't have the Ligny DLC so this isn't a certain fix but its my best guess. Each sprite has a music sound associated with it when it marches or runs and I think the music associated with whatever French infantry sprites are in Girard's division have the wrong file assigned.

Make a backup of unitglobal.csv.

Open the original unitglobal.csv with Excel and navigate to cells N735 and N736 and change the 2 and the 3 in there to a 1 so they both read "SFX_Inf_Walk_1" (without the quotes). Save and exit.

Get Girard's boys to march again and report back.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:49 pm

Yes that should fix the problem. I've made those changes for the next version of the mod.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisreb Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:53 pm

Tried to SDK route to copy stock scenarios but they still do not show in game? I have them in Mods folder Stock Scenarios/Scenarios is this correct?

Thanks

chrisreb

Back to top Go down

Post  Miko77 Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:17 pm

Tried to SDK route to copy stock scenarios but they still do not show in game? I have them in Mods folder Stock Scenarios/Scenarios is this correct?

Have you activated "Stock Scenarios" mod? it should appear in your mods when you start the game (you should have restarted the game after creating and copying folders)
Miko77
Miko77

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisreb Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:03 pm

Yes did all that and enabled it in game but only the KS scenarios and some for Ligny and QB show - most odd

chrisreb

Back to top Go down

Post  rschilla Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:11 pm

Girard's division is back on the correct musical track. They seem to have only drums beating but that's okay. The fifes get on my nerves anyway. ( Better than bagpipes, I suppose.)

Again, thanks for the excellent technical advice.

rschilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Miko77 Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:51 am

Yes did all that and enabled it in game but only the KS scenarios and some for Ligny and QB show - most odd

I've tried this too, and didn't work at all (none of stock scenarios would show). I wonder if it matters which version (Steam or non-Steam) we use.
Miko77
Miko77

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 24 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 24  Next