Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:24 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

» Scourge of war Waterloo remastered on Steam
by Martin Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:41 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30495 messages in 2294 subjects

I forgot my password

How do you play PBEM kriegsspiel ?

3 posters

Go down

How do you play PBEM kriegsspiel ? Empty How do you play PBEM kriegsspiel ?

Post  milouz Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:34 am

Hi,

I just received Von Reisswitz rules. I read them eagerly and I'd like to organise a pbem game with my friends but I do not have some precise idea of how to do it. So, I'd like to know how you play Von Reisswitz rules by mail.
More precisely, I'd like to know what kind of gear you use (huge photocopies, emails, classical mails, jpeg, softwares...).

Arnauld

milouz

Back to top Go down

How do you play PBEM kriegsspiel ? Empty Re: How do you play PBEM kriegsspiel ?

Post  hammurabi70 Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:48 pm

milouz wrote:Hi,

I just received Von Reisswitz rules. I read them eagerly and I'd like to organise a pbem game with my friends but I do not have some precise idea of how to do it. So, I'd like to know how you play Von Reisswitz rules by mail.
More precisely, I'd like to know what kind of gear you use (huge photocopies, emails, classical mails, jpeg, softwares...).

Arnauld

There are a set of large maps that go with the original set. In practice you need to find some kind of map to suite your own requirements. It needs to show those elements of the terrain that you find important. In the forum there are postings about where you can find somehelpful maps: see the MAPS folder in RESEARCH & RESOURCES.

Emails are fine if you want to simulate written orders between commanders and to run a prolonged game over a period of time (a U-boat Atlantic campaign was done that way) but the preference is to do a face-to-face afternoon with two teams of players to command the two forces and another to act as the umpires. Take a look at the main website.
http://www.kriegsspiel.org.uk/
http://www.kriegsspiel.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=47&Itemid=1

Doing one session WITH others is very helpful to understand what you need to do to set-up a PBEM game.
hammurabi70
hammurabi70

Back to top Go down

Post  milouz Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:21 pm

Hello,

thanks a lot for you message even if it doesn't really answer to my question Sad
I'll try to make it more clear....
When playing pbem, how do you concretely manage it ? Do you use a software like paint to edit a big jpeg ? Do you use a vassal or cyberboard module ? Do you use something else ?

milouz

Back to top Go down

Post  dan1066 Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:56 pm

I am going to be using Photoshop myself for a first game I am running. I am choosing it mostly as it will be the best tool for me to get the job done. I am very familiar with it, I know I can create multiple maps for all players at the click of some buttons, and lastly, the players won't have to download anything special to see the .gif format maps.

It has required more on my part for set up and when it comes to making and moving pieces and such but I have 100 % control.

I understand someone has a cyberboard package for the marzell map which I would be tempted to try but there is no version of cyberboard for the mac.

Dan
dan1066
dan1066

http://www.tensixsix.com

Back to top Go down

Post  milouz Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:36 am

Hi Dan,

very nice idea Very Happy
I'll give it a try with gimp.

Arnaulkd

milouz

Back to top Go down

Post  hammurabi70 Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:54 pm

milouz wrote:Hello,

thanks a lot for you message even if it doesn't really answer to my question Sad
I'll try to make it more clear....
When playing pbem, how do you concretely manage it ? Do you use a software like paint to edit a big jpeg ? Do you use a vassal or cyberboard module ? Do you use something else ?

For me narrative script and EXCEL spreadsheets; for others in my experience WORD. Beyond that I have no idea. silent scratch
hammurabi70
hammurabi70

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down