» 2017 k/spiel game schedule
by Martin Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:38 pm

» New Gettysburg Map - Shiloh
by Uncle Billy Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:22 am

» Infantry Wheeling
by Uncle Billy Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:38 pm

» Unit Stats
by Uncle Billy Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:14 pm

» Waterloo issues. Does anyone else experience these?
by Martin Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:27 pm

» Another mini-campaign idea
by Mr. Digby Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:21 pm

» KS Napoleon Mod II 1.24 & KS Supplemental Maps 1.16
by Uncle Billy Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:33 pm

» Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style
by Mr. Digby Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:49 pm

Statistics
We have 940 registered users
The newest registered user is pinwolf

Our users have posted a total of 23401 messages in 1883 subjects

I forgot my password

Saturday Feb 22th

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Saturday Feb 22th

Post  Leffe7 on Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:58 am

I most probably will play tomorrow in our regular game (20h30 UK Time).

Is there already a specific scenario scheduled?
If not, I can prepare something napoleonic. I will not have time to send out briefings before, but I think it would make sense that the CinCs would meet in TS at 20h00 to be briefed shortly.
Any volunteers for CinCs?
Leffe7

Back to top Go down

Re: Saturday Feb 22th

Post  Uncle Billy on Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:56 pm

Stefan wrote:Any volunteers for CinCs?
That made me laugh. I'm sure they are lining up now. If for some unfathomable reason you are short one CinC, I'll volunteer.

Back to top Go down

Post  mitra on Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:48 pm

I think mine will be ready for next week session; if all is ok and there is not other scenarios to schedule, I can start doodle it Monday

mitra

Back to top Go down

Post  Leffe7 on Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:21 pm

An Unexpected Ally

a KS MP scenario
designed for Coop gameplay. If there are more than 7 players, both sides can be played.
Duration: 2h

Required Mods:
Road to Wagram
KS Napoleon Mod
Random Maps 2
http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/modifications/53016-random-maps-2-released

Briefing for Anglo Allied side:
Our scouts report that French forces are advancing rapidly into this area. They are moving from south and southwest.
The Allied army is still scattered about and there is no doubt that the enemy tries to attack our forces as long as they are separated.
Your primary mission is to delay the enemy advance as long as possible to allow the rest of the Allied forces to gather near Bruxelles. Combined we will outnumber Napoleons forces by far!
Occupy the two fords indicated black on attached map. Those will provide excellent defensive terrain to slow down the enemy attack. If enemy pressure proves to be too strong, fall back along the Hotchkiss Turnpike towards northeast.

Available forces:
The bulk of your corps is stationed east of Neal Woods, along with your cavalry brigade.
A small division is already detached to the southeast to cover the Eden Ford.
Both divisions have batteries attached.

Available player slots:
Corps Cmdr (CinC)
Division Cmdr
Cavalry Brigade
Division Cmdr

More slots will be made available depending on number of players (mainly small division and brigade slots).

Game Start today at 20h30 UK time. Please join TS some minutes before.
Leffe7

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy on Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:16 am

That was a very nice scenario. The allies just barely survived. Had it not been for the timidity of one French corps, we'd have all been eating snail that night.

The eastern ford was held by a brigade of Dutch militia and a battery under Suchet's command. A French division soon appeared and quickly forced their way across threatening to destroy our small force. Our British brigade under Berthier, Guards commanded by Longstreet, (Ryan) and hussars led by Josh were detached from Mitra's large division and formed a defensive line on the high ground along the Palmer Road. Suchet deftly broke contact with the enemy and brought his forces safely to the defensive line. There the French were stopped and routed from the field.

During that time, a KGL brigade under Stefan and Hanoverians commanded by Jack advanced to the western ford. Here too, the enemy quickly appeared. This attack was not in earnest and Mitra's brigades soon had control of the northern side of the river. Jack's battalions even survived an attack by cuirassiers. The French set up an extremely imposing grand battery on the ridge opposite the ford and brought up a brigade of Old Guard. At about this time a division of Prussians appeared and moved to support Mitra's left below Cardwell Knob. They seemed reluctant to move into action, probably afraid to scuff their new shoes. But their artillery went into line and was much appreciated.

In the east, with the French in disarray, Suchet and the detached brigades reoccupied the eastern ford. No sooner had they arrived then another French brigade now supported by artillery advanced. As this was occurring, a courier arrived from Mitra stating that the Old Guard was attacking and would very much like his own Guard back. This left Suchet's tired brigade along with Berthier's somewhat used one and the hussars, always spoiling for a fight, to hold the crossing. This they did without too much difficulty. It appeared the French heart was not up to the task this day.

In the west, the Old Guard made easy progress at first. Stefan's brigade was the object of their attentions. I guess the Prussians had finished their bratwursts as they sent a brigade to support the KGL. This slowed down the Old Guard. At this point Ryan's Guards arrived on the field and slammed into the French. La Garde recule! Although the repulse of the Old Guard was costly, as we lost many a guardsman. With his blood up, Mitra ordered an all out attack. And though we drove the remaining French infantry away at a high price, we could not possibly assault that gun line. As it turned out, another French corps waited just behind the arty, including more cuirassiers and another brigade of Guard. Fortunately, night descended and the battle ended.

Back to top Go down

Post  Leffe7 on Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:53 pm

Some pictures from yesterdays scenario.

My KGL brigade has first contact with the enemy at the central ford.

To my right, Jacks Hannoverians are holding strong, defeating infantry attacks and then several attacks by heavy Cuirassiers.
The squares held strong. And Jack didn't even try to get to safety inside one of his squares, so confident he was that his men would prevail.
I suggest to give him a new nickname: Stonewall Jack!

Suddenly new flags were sighted incoming from the north!

But they were Prussians on their way to meet the rest of the Allied Army near Bruxelles.

So Jack was able to move his men out of squares into line again, as the newcomers posed no threat to him.

As the KGL brigade is probing forward, one regiment is caught unluckily by daring French cuirassiers and quickly captured.

After the final attack of the French Old Guard was stopped by two Prussian brigades and the remainders of the KGL, our own British Guards launch ferocious counterattacks and drive them back to their grand battery.
Leffe7

Back to top Go down

Post  Leffe7 on Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:26 am

the Replay file

Unzip into your \Work\Saved Games\Replay folder
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jedmme7r85jdq3m/AnUnexpectedAlly.zip
Leffe7

Back to top Go down

Post  Grog on Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:01 pm

Sounds like a great game.

Nice screen shots, Leffe. I like the shot of the Prussians marching over the hill like a relief column arriving in the nick of time.

I will try to catch the replay.

Thanks

Mike
Grog

Back to top Go down

Post  mitra on Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:08 pm

Videos of both the days

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF8lfoy5NjQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4M9mEz5AEc

mitra

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General on Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:00 pm

I don't know if I like woods being named after me on a map. Woods imply defensive cover.

Isn't there an open, exposed, low-lying patch of ground that would be more fitting as a tribute?
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  Leffe7 on Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:36 am

Watching Mitras video I must say: Hats off! Davide, you did an excellent job as division commander, you stayed calm when either I requested to attack early or Kevin requested to withdraw. Also you were able to manage the whole battle on that ford just by staying on that hill (inmidst the Prussian grand artillery) with limited sights. I don't know how many messages you wrote but it seemed like 1 per minute  Wink 
But please for the next video, make your general face the enemy so when you clicke "go to me" you don't have to shift view by 180°  Very Happy 

Also, if you wanna find out where the KGB is (BTW, excellent roleplay Jack) and how it looks when seasoned men are moving like the wind, then you really need to watch that video (second link).
Leffe7

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby on Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:02 am

KGB? LOL, I think you mean the KGL... but they can be as terrifying as the KGB at times.

"Any hussar who has not got himself killed by the age of 30 is a jackass." - Antoine Charles Louis Lasalle, commander of Napoleon's light cavalry, killed in battle at Wagram 6 July 1809, aged 34.

"I had forgotten there was an objective." - Generallieutenant Mikhail Borozdin I
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top